So a little house update for here (I’ve redirected the bulk of my house chat) battling relatively high winds and rain but making progress adding two mor windows to my moms room for light, we have our south wall closed in and should be getting the front (North) door done Thursday. This is why you’re not seeing more goat adventures and chicken pictures. TaxView attachment 2994761
It’s close to a chicken pic and not moving! Breakfast… View attachment 2994763View attachment 2994767View attachment 2994771View attachment 2994775
Wow, amazing! So exciting too 😁

Sorry about the previous accidental post

@MaryJanet What is DMG?:idunno Are you able to get all of these supplements in a regular store, or is there a specialty place you go?:idunno
It's dimethylglycine and I can't get it in any shops, only from the internet. So I buy all of them in one transaction.

Lilly's Poo

In case anyone wants to see it. I put a piece of cardboard under her last night to gather whatever came out. It's not a lot.

I'm trying to decided whether to culture it or not at this point. I'm not certain it will tell me anything useful.

That doesn't look too bad for a sick hen. It's not black!

Wonderful. I believe in sharing produce so I get some apples but so do the deer and the bears and the chickens.
It is the raccoons that bug me. They will tear off an ear of corn, take one bite and then discard it and pick another ine until there is none left for anyone else! :barnie
That's the way they browse. Kind of like going to a dinner party and eating a bit off of everyone else's plate. Deer do that too - they will nip off a top and then move on.
Aren't you afraid of bears tearing open your Palace?

Oh Bob, I’m afraid to read on. I’m getting ready for work in tears. Who would have thought you could get so attached to a chicken another continent away…
Lilly is very popular. She is a beautiful hen with a great personality. I am attached to many other hens a world away. It's inevitable.

That's the way they browse. Kind of like going to a dinner party and eating a bit off of everyone else's plate. Deer do that too - they will nip off a top and then move on.
Aren't you afraid of bears tearing open your Palace?
Yes, I am terrified of bears tearing open the Chicken Palace. It is solidly built and more and more of it has electric wire. There really isn't much more I can do. My hope is that with all the fruit trees the bears will find that easier food than the chickens or the chicken food.
But as we were building all the predator proofing for the Chicken Palace we just had to agree that 'all bets are off' when it comes to bear.

Lilly's Poo

In case anyone wants to see it. I put a piece of cardboard under her last night to gather whatever came out. It's not a lot.

I'm trying to decided whether to culture it or not at this point. I'm not certain it will tell me anything useful.

After conferring with the vet, I have submitted it for culture at the state lab.

Back
Top Bottom