Royal Chick said:
A friend of mine gave me a wonderful gift. It is an old book - printed in 1881 in NY. It is called 'Barn Plans and Out-buildings'.
It is full of diagrams and building plans. There is a whole chapter on chicken houses. This is one of the more unusual designs.

EDA67975-E919-47BA-818C-7F0325284A42.jpeg

And here is a design for providing heat during extremely cold nights using an underground stove.

D4E34EE9-86A8-4030-9650-5AB7488C6DB3.jpeg

So cool! Thanks for sharing RC.

(BYC is still not letting me quote things every now and again. :rant)

Last edited:
I’m actually entertaining the idea of moving to my other property. (Where Chaco is) and I have no neighbors close by there. Except that I have a renter on that property. I don’t know, I’m confused about the whole situation. :oops:
I like this idea. Maybe the renter would be open to a swap.

I’m actually entertaining the idea of moving to my other property. (Where Chaco is) and I have no neighbors close by there. Except that I have a renter on that property. I don’t know, I’m confused about the whole situation. :oops:
All your ...hmmmmm.....can't say 4-legged: leaves out all the chickens....can't say 2- legged: leaves out Chaco....can't say furry: again, chickens....can't say feathered : again Chaco...can't just say friends: leaves out people: church family, have own homes.... :confused: All your dependents in one place, allowing for more time loving on every one of them....and saving you gas.....

RC has a good point. ask the tenant if being closer to town would be appealing (saving them gas for supplies)

Trying to have a good day, but a neighbor idiot thinks it’s funny to tease Jaffar through the fence. I was way across the yard and saw it. Jerk was gone by the time I got there, but poor little guy is upset. Why are some people so thoughtless?:mad: ($&!@$&&)! Makes me angry.
Wow what a creepy little troll 😡

Can't swear here its family oriented but I am sure u can read my mind 😡.

Can u put up a privacy fence ?

I have been reading backwards so that see your later comments.

Re: renter - not sure of US but here in Cnd if you can prove you are moving to you property, one can ask the renter to leave, need the give a certain amt of time - maybe swap locations ....?

Chicken help again on the house building… View attachment 3029638View attachment 3029641
They make it SO easy… really
They are just so nosey aren't they 😊

Have to see what you're doing, and get in the way haha. That's how I stepped on poor buttercups foot the other day.... 😞 She is ok BTW, not lame at all the next day.

My mum gives them rides in the wheelbarrow when doing chores 😆

Back
Top Bottom