Hahahaha

They can be aggressive and the toms are huge!!! I love at this time of the year when the chicks (what are baby turkey called???) and a bunch of mama birds all get together to help raise and protect the babies. You can see 30 or more - terrifying for the horse when you out riding and come across them haha!
I miss the store turkeys… but the “aggressive” thing was apparently too much for some weekenders. He’s chasing your car because he sees his reflection in your shrink chrome bumpers… go cover your BMW with mud or dust and you won’t have a problem! Lol
6FBE19A4-FB74-4ACB-A896-46CBB077093A.jpeg

Ok, the house and barn go up for sale, and we move all the horses out. It takes about a month but we also are successfully able to move the chickens from the barn to our house. I now have a tribe of 4. Yes that is right, those 2 boys, I still have them.
Momma Hen
DSCN1553.JPG

Henrietta
DSCN1547.JPG

My personal favorite boy Tuff
DSCN1554.JPG
DSCN1536.JPG

And Rosie's favorite Toothless
DSCN1561.JPG
DSCN1564.JPG

Toothy, get down off my roof. Silly boy this became a daily stunt.
DSCN1579.JPG

Ok, the house and barn go up for sale, and we move all the horses out. It takes about a month but we also are successfully able to move the chickens from the barn to our house. I now have a tribe of 4. Yes that is right, those 2 boys, I still have them.
Momma Hen
View attachment 3182727
Henrietta
View attachment 3182728
My personal favorite boy Tuff
View attachment 3182729View attachment 3182730
And Rosie's favorite Toothless
View attachment 3182735View attachment 3182736
Toothy, get down off my roof. Silly boy this became a daily stunt.
View attachment 3182737
GORGEOUS Birds‼️🥰

Not long after the move, Momma Hen disappears. I looked everywhere, including making a few more trips down to the barn to look for her. Could not find her and feared her dead. Dad takes Dirt down there to let him pick and I get a phone call. "Bring some food and come catch these chicks". Yes the ole bat did it again.....more chicks. She has 4 this time. I round them up, take a beating the entire way home but they are safe. She is also called every name under the sun but she is proud of herself.
DSCN1593.JPG

Care to take a guess how many girls are in this group?

Back
Top Bottom