Ok folks, we have to pause the trip down memory lane for a minute because I am stumped. We also need to revisit the "Cinnamon Queen, Isa Brown or even Red Sex-link" issue all over again. The Hooligans will be 5 months in just over a week and a half. I figured I should start looking for new eggs around the 2nd week of August maybe. I have a egg that is throwing me for a loop. Every single current laying hens egg is accounted for today except Momma hens. She lays a white egg so she does not figure into this equation. I go out to top off water and look in the corner of Russ's stall, what the heck another egg? Not only that this thing is a monster.
Here is the mystery egg beside Butter's egg. Butter also lays my biggest eggs.
View attachment 3183898
This thing is huge and I cannot close the lid on that carton without breaking it
View attachment 3183901View attachment 3183902
For people on here that have had them, do those look like Cinnamon Queen or Isa brown eggs? Did Rural King actually have them marked right and they are not Mystery Red Chickens after all?
View attachment 3183906View attachment 3183909
I just cannot see that being a pullet egg, but good lord what else can it be? I do know in the next few days I'm going to be stalking that area to see if I can catch the culprit. I also suppose if more then one of them a day start appearing soon I'll know my answer.
Could be a double yolker. I’ve had new layers do that.

Edited to add: I see I’m the third person to think so.

:hugs 84A29353-22CA-43FF-BFC5-3D760572AAA6.jpeg :plbb :D
Cheeky Brit! You don’t know nothin! But I don’t either, so let’s dance !

Interesting morning. An old high school friend of mine just called me, and said that he wants to sell his ranch in Colorado. I’m starting to think seriously on that prospect. It’s a horse ranch (already set up) with plenty of room for 20+ horses, and as many chickens as I want. I would have to sell my holdings in DC, and the Fresno property, but that’s not a problem. I should keep the property that my tenants are residing in. I don’t want to take away lifestyle from them. And I can keep Marie 🛩️ Because there is an airport very close to the property as well. I’m wondering if my chooks would like Colorado? (Colorado Denver adjacent)

Interesting morning. An old high school friend of mine just called me, and said that he wants to sell his ranch in Colorado. I’m starting to think seriously on that prospect. It’s a horse ranch (already set up) with plenty of room for 20+ horses, and as many chickens as I want. I would have to sell my holdings in DC, and the Fresno property, but that’s not a problem. I should keep the property that my tenants are residing in. I don’t want to take away lifestyle from them. And I can keep Marie 🛩️ Because there is an airport very close to the property as well. I’m wondering if my chooks would like Colorado? (Colorado Denver adjacent)
Tax: F6AB219A-0D3D-44CE-AFD2-5375D39A3C48.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom