Go @BY Bob

20220828_113348.jpg

She was fine yesterday but it started this morning. She laid an egg with a tiny bit of shell. It was in the run and happened while she was on the perch.

It's seems to me like the wormer takes all the calcium away. Needless to say I've stopped using this food.
I would throw it away too.

Rest in Peace my bella Bella

My beautiful Bella has died.
She was my dream chicken companion.

Always fashion-forward, her black snakeskin boots coordinated perfectly with her gorgeous blue, green, and purple, black feathers.

She was my first ever lap chicken. She was indescribably soft to touch, and right to the end she was grooming my hair and snuggling into my neck for a nap.

She was a loyal friend to Bernadette and stuck with her for months when she couldn't walk. In turn, Bernadette has been a constant visitor and companion for Bella.

She fought hard against the virus that killed her but it was all just too much. In the end she died peacefully and quite rapidly. She was close by her friends Bernadette and Lulu, and I was sitting with her. I hope she felt neither pain nor fear.

Bella now has a bottomless freezer filled with frozen corn, and I am left with a Bella-shaped hole in my heart.

Bon voyage Bella Dracula. You will always hold a special place in my memories.

Highlights of Bella’s short life. March 22-August 2, 2022
View attachment 3209512View attachment 3209513View attachment 3209514View attachment 3209515View attachment 3209516View attachment 3209517View attachment 3209518View attachment 3209519View attachment 3209521View attachment 3209522View attachment 3209523View attachment 3209524View attachment 3209525
I'm just starting to catch up.
So sorry for your loss RC.
:hugs:hugs:hugs

A selfish rant coming up: here’s my thoughts. For what it’s worth, I do my best to help people out who are in trouble. Sometimes it’s a very thankless job. Sometimes it’s very rewarding. But losing your only pet, and then realize that you are all alone, is heartbreaking 💔. Last night burying my neighbors dog, hurt me too. I’m just wondering, if In the future, I may need some help, to have someone to care for me. Or am I to die lonely and afraid in the dark?
Rant over, tax payments come later.
These are scary thoughts. Dealing with death is never easy. It can make us dwell on things we don't normally consider. :hugs :hugs :hugs

20220812_085846.jpg

Perfect!
Lulu is just starting out and has a lot to learn.
❤️
Not everyone can be a super model but Lulu has tons of potential. Phyllis told me so. Just remind her, that morning after the big party can be rough. She needs to be smart about how late she stays out. After that last New Years Eve Phyllis had been roosting early. A girl needs her beauty rest.

20220101_161410.jpg

Last edited:
And my comment about ‘azole’ drugs is that is the ending given to many of the various forms of drug that are anti-fungal e.g., Miconazole and Clotrimazole.
Both different but do roughly the same thing.
@Valofcoopdevilla I am so very far behind but RC is essentially correct. She speaks from personal experience and a depth of research.

In case you aren't aware, I am a microbiologist by trade. Sadly, RC and I have many conversations related to chickens, bacteria and viruses and treatments for them. You can trust her expertise on the subject. It is hard earned.

Back
Top Bottom