I think Ash went a little overboard with her egg today.
20221023_165600.jpg

I would not do this. Leave him be. The last thing he or your girls need is another rooster. Winter is coming, leave them be until spring. Then let someone hatch his offspring. You will get a rooster then. I would not change anything this close to winter.
I wasn’t serious! Trust me! I am loving the no drama Roo!

I am just worried about his not crowing, it’s worrying to me 🥺

Do you know what kind of hawk it was? If it was a Cooper's Hawk that will make the swoop attack impossible but they could still lab's and dive through the openings you will have left. I think would discourage almost all other hawks. I love your determination and this is a pretty good plan! 👍
I was going through the Ontario hawk guide - I think it’s a perigrin falcon now, the wings and body were just to tight and streamlined for any of the photos I was looking at, and it wasn’t big, I was too worried about telling everyone to run for the hills!

I did see a raptor on the tree farm across the road from me when I was out riding and bet it’s the same one, again it flew away too fast for a good look.

You need a big cat or a dog to dissuade a hawk. Hawks are not scared of you.

View attachment 3300651
Awwww high moggy you’re a beauty I love your ears they are just wonderful 😊❤️

Missy came up to the barn today! I was wondering why the jays and squirrels were going nuts, but the chickens were relaxed. It was the cat, the chickens are not worried about her, but the jays sure were! If only I could keep her out with the chickies 😊

Think of it this way. You saved yourself from having a stress induced heart attack with your resignation.

And think of the chaos tomorrow with all the "ask Kelly. We can't. She quit."

View attachment 3300568
Yaaaaaa! Oh to be a fly on the wall - though I had planned this week to be a vacation week so it will be next week when chaos will reign 🥰

Meanwhile I will sit in my office job hunting and enjoying my chickens and ponies 😊 - unless I get a call I am praying for to go to BC on a pipeline project….

The main man 🥰 tax
D74B0DEA-BA4B-418C-953D-D700A2673820.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom