Well actually I have been saving eggs from the 'big girls' for that teacher where my niece teaches. I figure I am going to give her 7 eggs - that's more than plenty I think; and any Roos can be processed, but I don't want any Silkie crosses as those are just too small.

Sophia is a nice chunky girl and a Roo would have been a good size. Well always tomorrow's egg. I have a couple of Blanche eggs, another Penelope egg, and a few Buttercup blue eggs, and hopefully a Sophia egg... I will pick 7 eggs from all those to go in the bator (Penelope's for sure).

I have never seen such a thing before - the shell came away leaving just the membrane! If it were me hatching them out I would 'repair' the shell and hope for the best.

Anyone else ever see this?
Not I

I walked in my bedroom and saw my cat and chicken snuggling, she fell asleep partially under her belly. :love

Kiwi loves the chickens, she rolls on her belly when she sees them and is quite fond of the baby chicks, i would never intentionally put them together just because animals are unpredictable, but it was quite cute, atleast i know i can trust her if something ever does happen and she gets out with the chickens.

What breed is this roo? My friend got him as a chick at TSC.
20230201_095116.jpg

Back
Top Bottom