Just want to remind everyone that non chicken talk requires a tax in the form of a photo of chickens (chicks are highly prized), if in doubt that you are off topic post a pic šŸ˜Š

Tax Talk
Mr P says keep on topic šŸ˜Š
View attachment 3545922
Thank you @Ponypoor for reminding everyone.
I will add that the reason there is a tax system is to try to keep this thread mainly focused on chickens, and stories about chickens, and not have it become a random chat thread.
There are many random chat threads that can be used for random chat.
Of course we are a community, and it is nice to hear about each otherā€™s lives and be able to support each other in many ways, so it isnā€™t like we want an absolute rule to enforce only chicken talk.
But, we have already lost people who brought a lot of value to this community because they do not have the time to keep up with idle chatter.
All that just to say, keep a high bar for why something is worth sharing here, and if it isnā€™t chicken related include tax in the same post.

And here is my posting etiquette tax: Sylvie looking grown-up.
8ABB9718-F72C-4E47-B417-1C4B7A20ACE9.jpeg

Not yet. I'm hoping to finish her area tomorrow.
My dad changed up what we are doing to something (unfortunately less safe in my opinion) and something way more difficult than my simple quick plan.
With fewer eggs under her though, she is keeping them quite dry.
I'd say that some are about a week in.
Well letā€™s say all of them then! I believe in being optimistic.

I will add that the reason there is a tax system is to try to keep this thread mainly focused on chickens, and stories about chickens, and not have it become a random chat thread.
Of course we are a community, and it is nice to hear about each otherā€™s lives and be able to support each other in many ways, so it isnā€™t like we want an absolute rule to enforce only chicken talk.
But, we have already lost people who brought a lot of value to this community because they do not have the time to keep up with idle chatter.
All that just to say, keep a high bar for why something is worth sharing here, and if it isnā€™t chicken related include tax in the same post.

View attachment 3545938
Oh wow! I love that feather pattern. Refresh my memory on what her breed is?

View attachment 3545938
Ah, I owe quite a bit of tax.
Infertile egg.
20230617_145022.jpg

Basket of infertile eggs.
20230617_145044.jpg

Willow before she went broody.
20230527_152418.jpg

Pastel enjoying some bugs.
20230527_153339.jpg

I will say these are terrible pictures. With Bubba, Butter and Lilly making me look like I know what I am doing taking pictures, the chicks were determined to make me look bad. They were successful at that by the way. What I was trying to do yesterday was show you all that the 2 jail birds are getting their prison jumpsuit colors.
DSCN1678.JPG
DSCN1677.JPG
DSCN1676.JPG
DSCN1673.JPG
DSCN1672.JPG
DSCN1668.JPG
DSCN1667.JPG
DSCN1662.JPG

Oh wow! I love that feather pattern. Refresh my memory on what her breed is?
She is supposed to be a Welbar (like Bernie but in silver). But so far it is hard to see that she will look similar.
She is progressively losing the White so I guess I can see it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom