Here's our solution. View attachment 3577847View attachment 3577848
Door in the front, easy to open and shut. When chicks are old enough, we can crack the gate enough to let them in and out without the big chickens fitting. The hens can just walk across to the nest boxes....which now they're using both! Video and pics of chick cuteness to come.
This is a perfect set-up!

Another Update: The Rabbit and Chicken Gang (warning lots of pics)
Well, I'm going to give you a more visual update this time. More pics than text. I'm also going to be doing it in memory of some chickens gone past (Mrs. Clean-egg, Lhicken, etc...)

Start with the rabbit gang. I built a new rabbit hutch, and moved some does in there.
IMG_0832.JPG
It has new pee and poo catches. That way it can be seperated.
I also got a purebred New Zealand white rabbit. His name is Hopper. He's a sweetie.
IMG_0835.JPG
Starlight's 8 kits got moved into the tractor. Balled up in the corner, as is the custom for Starlight-kits to do. Lego kits.
IMG_0868.JPG
Now for the does that I moved into the new hutch. Estella, Polar Bear, Gloria, and Midnight V are here.
IMG_0836.JPG
Charity, Aloha, and Aurora (oops, Aloha's a bit blurry)
IMG_0830.JPG
The Roxies, Roxy and Roxy.
IMG_0833.JPG
Breeze, and I forget right now who the other two are. Breeze is the light grey rabbit
IMG_0831.JPG
Alpha just for fun
IMG_0826.JPG
Freezer (top) Emlain (middle) and Cloudy (bottom). This group is known as Freezer and Co, or The Freezer bros.
IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG
IMG_0860.JPG
This post is getting very long. I've got lots of rabbits! And I haven't taken a picture of Fireheart yet. And I just realized that I haven't done Oaty-wan Kenobi yet either... He's a pretty tan rabbit that might just end up on the barbecuer...
Here's Cookie (top) Astra (middle) and Padme (bottom). All three have kits. Cookie has 11, Padme has 5, and Astra has 9.
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0839.JPG IMG_0712.JPG
And MORE after that! How many rabbits do I have?! Michael and Gabriel. Gabriel's the white one.
IMG_0863.JPG
Amora (top) and one of her Cannon Fodder (bottom)
IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG

That's it for the Rabbit gang. Chicken Gang will be continued in the next post, along with Chicken Memories. This is just toooo many pics.

Another Update: The Rabbit and Chicken Gang (warning lots of pics)
Well, I'm going to give you a more visual update this time. More pics than text. I'm also going to be doing it in memory of some chickens gone past (Mrs. Clean-egg, Lhicken, etc...)

Start with the rabbit gang. I built a new rabbit hutch, and moved some does in there.
View attachment 3578226
It has new pee and poo catches. That way it can be seperated.
I also got a purebred New Zealand white rabbit. His name is Hopper. He's a sweetie.
View attachment 3578228
Starlight's 8 kits got moved into the tractor. Balled up in the corner, as is the custom for Starlight-kits to do. Lego kits.
View attachment 3578230
Now for the does that I moved into the new hutch. Estella, Polar Bear, Gloria, and Midnight V are here.
View attachment 3578231
Charity, Aloha, and Aurora (oops, Aloha's a bit blurry)
View attachment 3578232
The Roxies, Roxy and Roxy.
View attachment 3578234
Breeze, and I forget right now who the other two are. Breeze is the light grey rabbit
View attachment 3578236
Alpha just for fun
View attachment 3578237
Freezer (top) Emlain (middle) and Cloudy (bottom). This group is known as Freezer and Co, or The Freezer bros.
View attachment 3578242
View attachment 3578243
View attachment 3578244
This post is getting very long. I've got lots of rabbits! And I haven't taken a picture of Fireheart yet. And I just realized that I haven't done Oaty-wan Kenobi yet either... He's a pretty tan rabbit that might just end up on the barbecuer...
Here's Cookie (top) Astra (middle) and Padme (bottom). All three have kits. Cookie has 11, Padme has 5, and Astra has 9.
View attachment 3578245
View attachment 3578246View attachment 3578248
And MORE after that! How many rabbits do I have?! Michael and Gabriel. Gabriel's the white one.
View attachment 3578249
Amora (top) and one of her Cannon Fodder (bottom)
View attachment 3578255
View attachment 3578259

That's it for the Rabbit gang. Chicken Gang will be continued in the next post, along with Chicken Memories. This is just toooo many pics.
Actually, will continue tomorrow... :oops: But will pay tax.
Mabel (she is sick, the smoke and heat aren't helping.)
IMG_0824.JPG

A very gross thing happened today..

TW; I’ll be discussing something rotten/moldy and some graphic bug larvae depictions so if that makes you uncomfortable don’t read.

I got a kitten recently, and for weeks there has been a rancid smell, i figured “well, it’s been about 5 years since i’ve had a kitten, maybe i just didn’t remember the kitten food this stinky.” It would stink to walk in the door and was just horrible. Today, we found a tipped over can of cat food, lifting it up, got it all over the hands and had to go wash it off, to my suprise, it was completely grey, rotten, and moving with maggots! I don’t know how i didn’t see it to pick it up but that sure wasn’t something i expected to see tonight. At least the smells gone i suppose.
I will add of course she’s okay and didn’t touch it as far as i know because it was right outside the door of my room. So it shouldn’t have caused any harm other then me being grossed out.

Your dad’s words must be very difficult to hear :hugs
There’s a lot you can do for BBQ and Splotch without a vet, and get advice here on BYC. It may be molting, plus Pastel paying too much attention to them? Are they both eating well, and does their behavior in any other way worry you too?
Thank you ❤
I suppose I will see what everyone has to say here, and also make a thread. But I'll need my moms supervision 🤣

Today my dad and I talked a bunch about fishing, and he also told me I could talk about chickens. I told him about how I was worried about BBQ, and he said that maybe it is the lice. Maybe he's correct?
I also brought up BYC, "Oh, I think that it might be a molting problem. 'Back when I was in BYC' I remember 'someone' saying something similar to what is happening with BBQ."
He looked at me. "You are allowed on BYC, just not allowed to post. You can look around and read stuff. No posting with out you're mothers supervision."

Pastel could be over breeding them. Next week I am going out of town for a week, and so he will be separated. If it doesn't get even slightly better, I will dig SUPER deep. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to try to figure out what's wrong in the meantime.

They are eating perfectly fine. Whenever I grab BBQ, she for sure is very skinny, but still has that "I'm laying" structure and weight to her. Same with Splotch. Their crops are full most of the time.

I'm going to put ththe correct dilution of water and Permethrin in a bucket, and dunk all of my birds. (Not their heads)

I’m not getting any grapes from my broken grapevine. They are still growing, but not ripening yet. :(View attachment 3578171
Give it time. Isn't it early for them to be ripe? It is very early here (another 2months before they ripen here -if they ever do. A few of the chooks discovered the tiny grapes and will pick them off the vine. A couple of them actually eat the ones they pick off...the others kind of treat it like a game to pick them off and drop them!:rolleyes: Silly girls - they love ripe grapes

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom