Oh she is lovely, I want that hen for her full copper hackle markings alone. As far as Marans go you are incredibly lucky. Marans originated in France. Some of the highest quality marans lines are available in France. You would have a better chance and easier time I would assume importing some eggs or chicks into your country.
It's true!!! In Italy a high quality trio (two hens and one roo) can sell for up to 130€! That's however only when they are imported from France. How much would a high quality trio cost in America? In Italy there are poultry shows and I think I might go to the one next summer if I can! I've always seen that Italians love breeding Copper Maran Bantams, Seramas, Silkies, and Piemontes. However they obviously breed other chickens like Red Star, Plymouth Rock, and Faverolles. I'm wondering if people breed breeds like Lakenvelder and Swedish Flower hens like in America?

BoPeeps needed a little lap time today too! She’s such a sweetheart! :love IMG_3487.jpeg

Photo Shoot
 Phyllis
was a true model today with a professional photographer. She rode beautifully in the car.

Here she is with her props.

20230826_130303.jpg

Here are the results. It was difficult to pick prints as they were all amazing. The photographer said the camera loves her. She rocked her photo shoot for sure. No surprise there.

20230826_135337.jpg
20230826_135720.jpg
20230826_135257.jpg
20230826_135320.jpg

She was a hit all over tractor supply. Everyone wanted to meet her and pet her. Phyllis was most interested in some barred rock chicks.
Resized_20230826_133108.jpg

When we returned home she received payment.
20230826_135002.jpg

She was truly magnificent. Even taking time to poop in front of the photographer. 😆

Last edited:
It's true!!! In Italy a high quality trio (two hens and one roo) can sell for up to 130€! That's however only when they are imported from France. How much would a high quality trio cost in America? In Italy there are poultry shows and I think I might go to the one next summer if I can! I've always seen that Italians love breeding Copper Maran Bantams, Seramas, Silkies, and Piemontes. However they obviously breed other chickens like Red Star, Plymouth Rock, and Faverolles. I'm wondering if people breed breeds like Lakenvelder and Swedish Flower hens like in America?
Fair price. French lines close up, high quality trio with hens already laying so you know if they are laying the dark eggs last time I looked, 200 plus. I have never heard of Piemontes, but yours are very pretty birds. There are poultry shows in the states as well. I have never been to one, need to fix that myself just to spectate. Actually, scratch that, I might come home broke with a chicken or two that I do not really need. Being in Italy you also have access to our dear @BY Bob personal favorite breed. Leghorns. I hear he is like me when it comes to dying to get my hands on a Marans from France, he wants a Italian leghorn.

Photo Shoot
 Phyllis
was a true model today with a professional photographer. She rode beautifully in the car.

View attachment 3620235

Here are the results. It was difficult to pick prints as they were all amazing. The photographer said the camera loves her. She rocked her photo shoot for sure. No surprise there.

View attachment 3620236View attachment 3620237View attachment 3620238View attachment 3620239
She was a bit all over tractor supply. Everyone wanted to meet her and pet her. Phyllis was most interested in some barred rock chicks.
View attachment 3620243

View attachment 3620240

She was truly magnificent. Even taking time to poop in front of the photographer. 😆
What a deadset legend she is!

What does Aurora think of this new phase in Phyllis's career?

Photo Shoot
 Phyllis

View attachment 3620235

View attachment 3620236View attachment 3620237View attachment 3620238View attachment 3620239
She was a bit all over tractor supply. Everyone wanted to meet her and pet her. Phyllis was most interested in some barred rock chicks.
View attachment 3620243

View attachment 3620240

Stunning photo's, but my personal favorite is the 2nd one. She has always known how to work the catwalk and she got her chance to prove it.

Photo Shoot
 Phyllis

View attachment 3620235

View attachment 3620243

View attachment 3620240

Someway, somehow you need to set up something for our favorite Queen. She needs a throne, and a crown beside her for props.

Back
Top Bottom