Awwwww! Happy birthday Lety! Chocolate eggs to come along ❤️

That’s the best kind of chocolates for one’s birthday 😊
Here they are! The gray ones are the Maran babies. The black and the buff are the grandchildren of Viajito, our Silkie roo. Interested to see two things from the Silkie crosses. Will their feathers be more like silkie feathers or will they be hard feathered? Also Interested in final coloration. @RebeccaBoyd might be able to tell me what to expect from the silkie crosses.
20230908_205417.jpg
20230908_205714.jpg

Here they are! The gray ones are the Maran babies. The black and the buff are the grandchildren of Viajito, our Silkie roo. Interested to see two things from the Silkie crosses. Will their feathers be more like silkie feathers or will they be hard feathered? Also Interested in final coloration. @RebeccaBoyd might be able to tell me what to expect from the silkie crosses. View attachment 3631344View attachment 3631346
Was waiting for this, thanks 🙏

I’m staying put tonight. Flying IFR is just not going to happen for me tonight. The mountains can get treacherous, and accuracy means life or death ☠️. I heard that the chooks laid five eggs today (said Paul)
So, I’ll burn up my minutes of data on this iPhone.
Good choice - safety first.

How are your chooks? I am so far behind I am just hopping around between pages 😁

Brood them in the coop. Tote with a window and holes for the babies to go in and out bit the bigs can't. Heating pad with no auto shutoff for the mama hen (search byc, there's info on how to make them)
I used a mama heating pad with my other girls. I was worried more about making sure they aren’t too hot than about keeping them warm. Will definitely put it in the coop as soon as I think they can handle the temperatures.

Quick like a bunny go back to TSC and grab 3 or 8 and shove them under your broody before it’s too late!

If you worries about the heat put a couple of those huge industrial fans in there to move the air around!

Hop to it lady!
Unfortunately it has been at least a week since any of my girls were broody. 🙄

Oh, I cant remember if I have posted the latest changes to our coop. Not that we don’t have any llamas left, we bought some plastic netting and enclosed the pen. So now they have a run that is about 24’x15’ that they get out in during the day. It isn’t predator proof, so they are o it allowed out when we are home and can check on them. It it should keep them in and hawks/owls out.

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5744.jpeg

IMG_5771.jpeg

IMG_5743.jpeg

Of course it only took them a few days to completely decimate what little grass there was with this horrible heat/drought. Have tried to start watering it a little in the evening.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom