Okay here's tax for the weather comment.

Oh I can help clean you butt!
PXL_20231021_193141060.PORTRAIT.jpg

Poor Red Hen isn't doing well, she needs her abdomen drained, and her comb is quite cyanotic. I have given her some aspirin to help with any discomfort until I can get some needles and syringe from my horse vet.

I put the sweeter heater up for her but she would rather hang out here in the office, I don't want to put the heat on in here yet, and my Cozy Panel doesn't work, i need to get my uncle to look at the switch on it.

View attachment 3664403
:hugs :hugs for Red Hen and you! I’m sorry she’s so unwell. You won't be able to get supplies until Monday earliest though? She’s not looking good in this picture. She looks pretty concerned about it too. You’ve given her a good life there. I’m so sorry, it’s a very tough place to be in. :hugs :hugs

Definitely a shocker. Dress in layers, different types of material (cotton, wool, knit, woven). Helps keep cold out and body temp in.

Tax

View attachment 3664906Was scrolling back to find a chook in snow pic....it stopped and pulled this one instead.
We drive back n forth from the camp to the rig so I'm only exposed to the weather for brief moments. I am dressed with 3 layers typically but have more if necessary.

That is pretty much me at the moment.
I had to relocate into the guest bedroom as I have done something to my back and the mattress in the guest room is better.
The guest room is the domain of this lady. She has strong views about the location of pillows and blankets. So making up the bed for me to sleep in was pretty much like this.
She may only be one cat but she is very muscular and hard to ignore.

View attachment 3664461View attachment 3664463View attachment 3664464
:hugs Hope your back gets “back” to normal quickly! Handsome lady cat there.

I saw on Theweathernetwork it was evil cold out your way - keep it please! :)

I put my Sweeter Heater up for the moulting ladies, and Red Hen - no one is using it so guess they are not feeling the chill yet, Blanche was hogging it a bit yesterday; oh just checked and Misty the Bald Lady is hanging out under there. I wanna hang out under it haha! Damp and chilly here.
Once it warmed up to -10C/14F the chickens deemed that acceptable and went outside.
IMG_20231021_132402971_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231021_132143995_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20231021_132334693_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom