Safer
I put netting up over the side of the yard today. It runs from the gate to the magnolia tree.

View attachment 3735282
This will extend the protection that the apple trees and magnolia tree provides. It will not prevent hawk attacks but it will make them more difficult.

View attachment 3735281View attachment 3735285View attachment 3735286View attachment 3735287
I even covered around the apple trees into the corner where Hattie lays all the time.

View attachment 3735291

I need to order more so I can close in more small areas like that.

The whole time I was putting it up this thing was flying over the yard.
View attachment 3735288
Today was the first day in weeks the ladies were allowed out of the complex. Between the hawks and the snow I just kept them locked in. It was warm, over 50°F (10°C). Hattie was loving the nice weather.

View attachment 3735292
The net is surprisingly unobtrusive!

Got us some snow today. We need it in our mountains. We've gotten a good amount..in December. Then it warmed up for us this last week! Crazy temps in the 50's! Its dropped now. Here's a phot I just took from my front window. Snow on the mountains will help with our drought. View attachment 3739938
Beautiful, you should also enter that in those photo contests they have 😊💕

Maybe. I think one reason is because he doesn’t want me to start jumping. He knows that I’m getting bored of Dressage and wanted to start jumping. He’s afraid that I’m gonna have a bad fall. That might be why. It’s a stupid reason though. I know the risks and I’m willing to take them.
Maybe he isn’t willing to risk it. At any rate once you’re older, if you get a job then you can pay for your own lessons, and maybe get your own horse or pony.

(Gosh now I sound like my parents !)

It is a wise father that knows his own child.

Shakespeare: The Merchant of Venice

You two were closer you could come and exercise my gang for me, I rarely ride anymore due to my hips and back 😟
And my tax

E8F1D62D-2370-4B2B-AD3E-D2A401D38B62.jpeg

I’ve heard that a lot. Now that I’m hearing it from a stranger, I have no choice but to believe it! Even though I don’t know any of you, most of y’all give some good advice.
I just spout Shakespeare and lament not having youngsters around anymore to ride my more ‘adventurous’ horses 😆

Youngsters bounce really well when they fall off 😁

Is it Curly or is it Betty 😁

It’s Betty
FF5A0F48-316E-4EE0-A370-B1A64776D2B3.jpeg

He is a Quarab, and I just got him early last year. He is a rescue, and I didn't know at first because he wasn't really limping or acting odd, but he has chronic lamenitis. He was actually lame on all 4 feet, and since it was balanced, you couldn't tell. My farrier originally said that it was bad enough that he would never be rideable, and might not make the winter. I changed his diet and monitor him pretty heavily, and when she came out a couple weeks ago, she said that he'd grown half a hoofs worth of new growth, and in a year, he'd be clear to ride lightly. Luckily, I wasn't going to ride him heavily anyway, so we're all good!
Shoes and pads and he will be good to go, Lulu is foundered and she has a pair of boots she wears when we go hacking, no grain no grass keep the weight down.

Wattles ( Raven)
D00B3AC3-471D-4AA7-AD07-F7046359A79C.jpeg

Winter nags
A4472C0A-BCFF-4581-B024-F63D66A375E2.png

Back
Top Bottom