Keep nuts close to you all the time so when you see a crow you can toss it in its vicinity. I feed crows anywhere i see them, they talk to each other! It was after Bill started feeding the crows at work that we first started seeing them more at our house, which was several miles away.
Good idea. I heard some just now but a little ways away.
In good news, the squirrels have not dared go get the peanuts out in the open.

An alternate theory of the crime.
Another break-in at the Chicken Palace. Once again chaos in the servant quarters.
No eggs to break as I took yesterday’s haul into the house.
That is Calypso up in the rafters and Tassels up on the storage box.
Not pictured but Pooh was there too up on a storage shelf. Suspicious that she was present at both events - maybe not as sweet and innocent as she appears!
We know Calypso is a flyer - she was the one that flew away during the hawk attack a few weeks ago. And Pooh is small and a Legbar so she too can fly. But I think they all got in via the rafters as all doors were securely closed. So even hefty Tassels is able to go up there!
Both Tassels and Calypso flew down and out without difficulty. Pooh had got herself cornered on the shelf and I had to persuade her to take a ride on a broom handle.
I heard the kerfuffle and thought that maybe a fox had got inside the Chicken Palace even though I was right outside by the only entrance watching for crows.
Initially I couldn’t get in because they had knocked brooms and stuff over blocking the door.
I am not sure what I can do to prevent this. It seems that the spirit of Eli lives on and they are remembering her lessons about hanging out on the rafters!
Never a dull day with chickens!
IMG_4929.jpeg

Oh
Oh my
View attachment 3741964
Your egg is gorgeous!
View attachment 3741966
She must be a sapphire olive egger, not sapphire gem. Feed store was all sorts of mixed up on the labels
View attachment 3741967
I think this means 5 girls are laying. Shep the marans is the odd one out. Still not sure if Liara or Morinth lays the pale green eggs.
View attachment 3741968
Made egg, pulled pork, and cheese sandwiches for dinner. It feels so good to go out, get an egg, then immediately cook it for dinner!
Wow. PRETTY egg!

Good eye for chicken breeds! Lightning looks like an Egyptian Fayoumi, but sadly, she is simply an interesting-looking crossbreed between some mutts. I would not get a Fayoumi, because of the really cold temperatures here, but if I lived where you did (in a desert) I might consider them!
Thanks! Even though she is not an Egyptian Fayoumi, she is a good looking hen!

Back
Top Bottom