Hey folks! Doing a fly-by. I've just had so much going on and really, nothing much going on with the chooks...comes from only having 4 I suppose. But all the ladies seem happy and healthy. We have a little power struggle going on. Goldie seems to think she can work her way up onto the top roost. Little Eenie is back to bottom of the pecking order.

Here's my only news!
1000005405.jpg

Four ladies, four eggs! In order, Eenie, Meanie, Sheba and Goldie! It's more blue than it looks in the picture. Little blue eggs. :)

Later all!

Attachments

• 1000005405.jpg
    1000005405.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 1
I

Or what day it even is?!
Yes. All the time..
I was trading notes with a friend who just retired a couple of years after me - and we both agreed that waking up in the morning and having no clue if it was the weekend or not was a really special feeling.
I can relate to that!

DH doesn’t want to hear crowing…he hears the hens though, which are positively a cacophony at times! It upsets him when I tell him the shenanigans with Diane. He was attacked by rogue hens a crazy housemate got for free (probably why they were given away) in the past and couldn’t handle it. Are silkies and polish quiet Roos? Mr. P might be an outlier?
Branch crows. He crows the most in the mornings. Throughout the day he may let off one here or there. I call Branch quiet because his crow is not deep and does not carry long distances like my big boy Bubba's. To be perfectly honest though, my boys are the loudest when they join in with the hens singing the egg song. Those majestic roosters can sound just like a hen singing away.

Hey everyone.

I think it is time for another update on my grandmother. As you all know she entered hospice care the first week of January. The nurses, nurse aids and the doctor overseeing it are wonderful people and are angels. The nurse aids are out 3 times a week to help with bathing and the RN is out every Thursday to take a assessment, document changes and touch base with the doctor. This coming Thursday will make 3 weeks since the latest diagnosis which has been difficult to come to terms with. She is in Cardiogenic Shock. Nothing can be done to cure this, it is part of the end stage congestive heart failure she has. I had never heard of this so I googled and fell into the rabbit hole of too much information out on the internet and had a breakdown. Our dear friend @Ponypoor has been a great listener and someone I can talk to. There is not much we can do for grandma except try to pull as much fluid off of her as possible and keep her pain levels under control. No matter how much we up her lasix, added 2 different fluid pills on top of it it has not gotten any better. There is mottling on her lower legs that is spreading indicating her organs are starting to fail and she has been having extreme difficulty breathing. Her pain has also gotten way out of hand. This morning we called the hospice nurse out. It was decided and the doctor agreed it was time to start her on morphine. It can also help calm her breathing and hopefully alleviate the smothering. She was started on it this afternoon and for the first time in a while she is truly resting. Me and mom, we feel helpless watching her go through this.
I'm so sad or all she is enduring and the pain you must be feeling for her.
You are an incredibly loyal granddaughter. She's truly blessed to have had you by her side all these years. :hugs

Kelly is an amazingly lovely lady, she's a huge support to most of us ❤️ I'm so pleased you have her as a support .

Sending you my hugs and heartfelt good wishes. There's no need to say to you stay strong. As I have already said, you are incredible 💐 :love

Back
Top Bottom