Ahem… and who’s fault is that???

Have chicks it’ll be fun! What’s a few more…..

Oh it only 27 that’s nothing …

Now I have 32!

Unless I discount the 2 Roos and the oldsters who don’t lay anymore!! In which case I really only have 20! 😁
Who's fault is that....
I wonder who's fault it will be when your chicken count goes up to 50... or 100...
(Oh yeah, chicken math...don't forget the chicken math...)

You are a total enabler!
🤣

I can’t get chicks this year in part because I will be away for six weeks in the summer. I am worried enough about the cats and grown Princesses. I would lose my mind if there were chicks too!
True, true.

True, true.
Enabler BFTP tax:
The famous "velociraptor stage".
1000002698.jpg

Oh, but look at them now...
1000007674.jpg

From what I've seen they already abandoned the surge pricing idea.
View attachment 3777748
Caught Liara in the act! She has to snuggle right in there to lay her egg, so Morinth can take care of it I suppose. It's very cute and sweet. 😍
And my little girl turns 3 this weekend!!! She asked for "lots of cars" so we got her a hot wheels starter track set, my parents built her a display for her cars, and we were planning on taking her to pick out a couple more hotwheels soon.
I also started my new heart medication last night. Today I have very little appetite, I always lose my appetite when I start a new medicine.
Happy early birthday to your kiddo!! 🎂 She’s so lucky to have you and your parents to celebrate with ☺️

And love the photo of the two in the nest box 😍

You know before I had this motley crew of chooks I had a lot more bedtime drama. Lately now though (since winter), I have noticed that everyone seems to be getting along at bed time.

I think it’s because I have a hoard of them all wanting to mostly roost together. They March in there around 6pm and start getting in their spots and settle down for the night.

Do those of you with hoards of chickens also find this?

Not to be an enabler but have you given any thoughts on getting a few more? I know you worry about them picking up something but your chicks from last year have thrived under your care. It might solve some of the Piglet issues, she won’t be the only one odd man out then.

Just a thought 😊💕
That’s not a bad idea, I second it. More chooks!

Okay I will try to get them to nest together! I am worried if Samara takes the second box, since I only have the two. Silly me thought that I'd be setting the new coop up soon, but with gramma in the hospital dad hasn't had any construction time.
Samara is lead hen and I'd say Morinth is holding as her second. Ash and Shep just...exist in the group? Kasumi does a little picking on and getting picked, and poor Liara is now at the bottom. So I think they're okay for not getting harassed off the nest.
Is there a diagnosis for your Gramma? I know she wasn’t well, but don’t remember the specifics. I hope she will be ok.

You can make a third nest box if you think Liara will be left out or not able to access a nest.

Okay I will try to get them to nest together! I am worried if Samara takes the second box, since I only have the two. Silly me thought that I'd be setting the new coop up soon, but with gramma in the hospital dad hasn't had any construction time.
Samara is lead hen and I'd say Morinth is holding as her second. Ash and Shep just...exist in the group? Kasumi does a little picking on and getting picked, and poor Liara is now at the bottom. So I think they're okay for not getting harassed off the nest.
Can you post pics of your coop (interior) ? And possibly run....figuring out where to put another nest box can be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom