Good way to add a few babies without worrying about them: mama will take care of that. If she sticks, can you get her a few fertile eggs (like maybe 4)? Mark them so any sneaky Princesses can't add to them.
Nooooooo!
I cannot add babies this year whatever the Princesses have to say on the matter!

A late 2fer
20240331_184338_HDR~2.jpg

Those Cochins are nothing but trouble. Egg eaters still even after Gryffyn hatched and reared chicks. They are pretty girls with a big fluffy booty and feathered feet. That is all they have going for them. I am stuck with them. Grandma loved them and claimed them as her own.
Yaaaaa I know. Such silly girls aren’t they; I find it confusing as to why they would start egg eating. It’s not like they don’t get free range so they get bored. Gosh that’s a tough one.

Just FYI:
Sir Jaffar has decided to spend the night with me in the house. I asked him where he would like to stay for the night, he was in the coop counting his ladies (so was I)
I mentioned “want to come in the house?” He took a sprinting run directly towards the house porch.
Obviously he wanted to stay in the house. In my bedroom, I said that he shouldn’t worry about the girls, they are all perched on their places, and they all ate and had their water.
He really is a special rooster. I’m just waiting for a spider to spin her web in his honor. (Charlotte’s Web) :love:thumbsup
“Some chicken”

Good way to add a few babies without worrying about them: mama will take care of that. If she sticks, can you get her a few fertile eggs (like maybe 4)? Mark them so any sneaky Princesses can't add to them.
Or in a couple weeks shove a few pullets day olds under her like I did with Sophia. 💕😊

Or in a couple weeks shove a few pullets day olds under her like I did with Sophia. 💕😊
In a few weeks I will be heading off to Africa and then Europe and then Asia.
I am anxious enough about leaving animal care to others for such a long time without having to worry about babies as well.
And that is not even counting the fact that I have Marek’s in the flock (that is what killed Eli) and so introducing unvaccinated chicks risks their lives.
So no. Not gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom