I
Am
Pooped!

My BIL and I got my lawn tractor running, then I cut the grass at the barn, and then we got my pull behind mower/bush hog running, and my BIL cut the grass and weeds in the front paddock, I piled all the brush and downed tree debris into two piles in that paddock, all ready to do a controlled burn with. I need to have the fire chief come out and inspect the location as it’s been a few years since she has inspected the location.

Once she does I can get BIL to go grab the burn permit and we can get rid of the debris. Then if it ever stops raining I can spray the paddocks.

The belt on the bush hog shredded so need to get that fixed, BIL finished the mowing using my poor old lawn tractor. 22 yrs old and still works.

Then I had to clean stalls - I didn’t do that this morning as I went to the feed store early. Wanted to get the truck back to the barn before the rain started and made it soft again.

Now I am pooped. Tomorrow I need to throw down hay and pile the old straw on top of mount poopmore, so I can start the process of dumping the manure from cleaning stalls up there. Day in day out, same old same old.

I
Am
Pooped!

Oh @BY Bob
My magnolia is very nice this year, haven’t had any bad frost to kill off the flowers.
View attachment 3828932
You are so lucky with the magnolia tree. Congratulations! They smell so wonderful.

Happy Caturday everyone.

I have been keeping a secret.
Welcome to the world to Trixie's 5 little ones.
View attachment 3828580View attachment 3828582View attachment 3828583
12 hours Trixie, you missed Rosie's birthday by 12 hours.

Yes I stated that Trixie was getting fixed after Keeper's litter. He was born August 18th. A week later the mom, dad, Rosie and Grandma came down with covid which resulted in Grandma being admitted to the hospital for a week. When she came home bedridden well, everything got put on the back burner. Life revolved around grandma and all the animals including my chickens were I hate to say it, but a after thought. Thankfully Trixie never came back into heat until the beginning of March. We kept her up the first day, but she howled and screamed. You could hear her everywhere in the house. Unfortunately this was when grandma's anxieties were at its peak. She was on vailum then, but, every time Trixie meowed, grandma went off. She was seeing and hearing things then and the noises made her think something was coming after her. Mom snapped and threw her outside. Trixie now has a spay appointment. Mom called the vet yesterday while she was giving birth and it is 2 months out. Poor Keeper, he does not know it yet, but he gets the big snip for his birthday.
Kitties! How wonderful! 😍

I will leave it to @Ponypoor for english saddles. We use western saddles. Rosie and dad each have their own Fabertron trail saddles for daily use. Mom's pride and joy and the saddle she thinks Rosie should show Russ in is our American 250. It is old, heavy but very well made and will last for many many more years to come. We have the matching bridle, and breast strap to go with it.

Here is the #250.
View attachment 3829047View attachment 3829049

The trail saddles were bought new and were between 300 to 400 plus shipping. I like them, they are lightweight and comfortable. The show saddle, the entire set was bought off ebay and not cheap. I think between 700 to 800 used mind you. While it was used it had been taken very good care of and worth every penny.
Wow, that's beautiful! The trail saddle I use is a Dakota 750-16, and it's actually a gaited horse saddle, but is better for horses with a wider shoulder and barrel like shape. It suits Max perfectly.

Those were seen as far as Southern California. Sorry you couldn't see them where you are.
More clouds tonight. Phyllis is snoozing. No point in staying up.

Cluckle Hut Nest Box_20240511_231121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom