Hi CeeCee

You might be my cousin

19887821-19F6-41B9-BAF3-6FEC2719D80B.jpeg

I swear my broody ladies are nipping out to the grocery store at night to buy eggs.
It doesn’t seem to matter how often I gather up eggs, they always have more eggs under them when I next come out.
Here is Tassels who I grabbed off the nest and carried out into the yard to force her to eat and drink.
I was happy to see she drank a lot of wild water and then went in to eat pellets.
And what is with that stinky broody poo? Geez, don’t be down wind! And the volume. I cannot get over how big a pile Tassels can produce!
View attachment 3830651
1715630012468.jpeg

So, I'm looking for names for the chick with poofy cheeks. Her picture is attached below. I can't decide on anything. Here are some that I've been thinking of:

Cupcake
Ida
Foxie
Hester
Cosmos

I'm open to suggestions. For some reason she's been the hardest to name. I called the two Midnight Majesty's Molly and Mira, and I'm considering 'Spitfire' for the Buff Brahma.
I love Cupcake. But then if she grows into a big mean hen that might sounds a bit silly!

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
Alex, I'm sorry that you lost her so soon after loosing Jaffar. It does feel like she had decided her time has come, and I hope the annoying little peeps do bring you some joy throughout this sad time.

I am also sad to say that like I thought she would, my little crazy ex-batt Blanche passed away on Saturday. She was only four and seven months old and she had been fighting for long time to stay alive, but her end was relatively peaceful.

View attachment 3830652
View attachment 3830653
I'm sorry 😞 :hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom