If I sat and thought about what my chickens ate I would never touch one of their eggs. Everyone raves about the taste of my eggs. They claim it is because they free range. Well yes they do, they also scavenge horse poo for all kinds of goodies. Bugs, grass, minnows, grain, snakes and horse poo equals super rich yolks and flavorful eggs. I scrambled 3 this morning for breakfast. They have not killed me yet.
:thumbsup

You have a pair in Mr and Mrs Little Chicken. And a pretty pair too.
Yes I fear you’re correct - I will rehome him when he gets older and more independent, right now they are still babies.

I am going to check out the Ontario Poultry forum to see if anyone wants a bantam Roo. He is so sweet and friendly hope he stay that way.

:th
Sylvie is back in jail and although Piglet hasn't committed, she is leaning that way.
All this was too much for Tassels who decided to go broody and is absolutely committed.
This is the THIRD time for Tassels this year. @RebeccaBoyd did warn me, but I was still not prepared!
Basically Tassels is only not broody for three weeks at a time. She lays for two weeks and then goes broody again.
I can't cope!
Why did I put all that effort into building a Chicken Palace for my Princesses, when all I need is a cell block?

Yes I fear you’re correct - I will rehome him when he gets older and more independent, right now they are still babies.

I am going to check out the Ontario Poultry forum to see if anyone wants a bantam Roo. He is so sweet and friendly hope he stay that way.
Breeding pair: keep them. They'll be smaller than your silkies

Back
Top Bottom