Ok, Penelope sounds like Silkie with 5 toes and EE for bluish eggs. Funny how she's queen. I think of Silkies or EE's as shrinking violets but I guess old age earns them the right to be alphas.

Our longest lived 11-yr-old Silkie "Violet" was queen the last 4 years of her life. When we added 3 Dominique juveniles around 4-months old they immediately bowed to Violet and actually came to her defense if she was in danger from a feral cat or a bully hen!
3 Doms always gravitated around Violet wherever she went.
View attachment 3878959

After two Doms passed the one remaining Dom stayed by her side.
View attachment 3878962
That’s so sweet, chickens are loyal to their friends I find. And they can hold a grudge if you mess with them!

She is stunning! 😍
She has very unusual colouring at first glance it looks drab but get her in the sun and it’s a transformation. She is a very calm tame old lady, her daughter Dorothy is very similar to her.

Speaking of Dorothy I had thought she decided to stay off the nest, she was out for a few hrs this afternoon, but at 5 she was back on the nest. Sheesh!

At least Whiskers Is no longer broody.

Good night everyone!

Back to work for me tomorrow so early night tonight.

Here are the two wee chickies I am most worried about, it’s nice to see their crops full

Wee Americana
109C26E1-4629-4A01-BEF8-8D9A04F75978.png

Wee Gem - gosh her crop is enormous
D367B0EE-4C26-484B-814B-1C56DF3C12C1.png

Good night everyone!

Back to work for me tomorrow so early night tonight.

Here are the two wee chickies I am most worried about, it’s nice to see their crops full

Wee Americana
View attachment 3879103

Wee Gem - gosh her crop is enormous
View attachment 3879104
Good grief?! What’s that with that silkies eyes?!

Oh no sorry it’s not her eyes it’s the icons for the camera in the upper right corner - I took a screenshot of the camera.

But doesn’t it look like freaky eyes?!

😆

She has very unusual colouring at first glance it looks drab but get her in the sun and it’s a transformation. She is a very calm tame old lady, her daughter Dorothy is very similar to her.

Speaking of Dorothy I had thought she decided to stay off the nest, she was out for a few hrs this afternoon, but at 5 she was back on the nest. Sheesh!

At least Whiskers Is no longer broody.
I wish Xzit would stop being broody :barnie

I wish Xzit would stop being broody :barnie
I am glad you are able to at least get her inside where it’s a bit cooler. At least Dorothy chose a bottom nestbox were it’s a bit cooler when ever we do have hot weather.

I see Tippy has plucked her chest bald - I read her the riot act, told her don’t even think about it. I am all ‘babied out’.

Back
Top Bottom