Happy Friday everyone.
Here is a nice fluffy butt. See how she poses for the camera? She even has the little one leg thing going just for Alex she sure is a charmer this lady!
View attachment 3895521

Today is a big day. Tassels is getting a trial out of her cage.
I am cautiously optimistic.
:fl
Wow! I'm getting an education on wild turkeys. I didn't know the females could lift/spread tail feathers like that. I thought only male birds like peacocks and male turkeys did that!

20240719_121906.jpg
They all piled into the corner to get to the ground up scratchy snack.

Some content I find enjoyable or even relate to. A good majority though if it involves animals and children I cringe. My reliable choices if I need to unwind and laugh a few minutes is Useless farm, Diva Girl Silkies, Chicken Happy hour and Chookens. I also love Matt Mathews. He may not be for some, but his farm chores content is spot on 99% of the time. Granted I would be outside in more then my robe but in each reel I swear my crew have put me in the same scenario's. Well, except getting the tractor stuck I have not done that. Mostly because when the tractor has been used down at the barn I am not trusted to even turn it on. Oh and Useless farm and Karen and Brad. They get me cracking up all the time. Karen gets a bad rap, but honestly I am glad she shows "Mean Karen". If she only showed sweet Stanley many people would think emu's are sweet cuddly teddy bears. Witchy Karen lets people see that they are actually dangerous.
Matt Matthews has me in stitches - again not for everyone, but watching him crawl into that hay net to get eggs had me howling. Been there done that.

I am too smart to bury the tractor or truck in mud 😁 I used to make sure I was the first one in to work every morning so the roads were still frozen. Heaven help the person who got stuck and caused a traffic jam of 50 trucks behind them hahaha.

Gosh those Emu and Ostrich are very dangerous! I cringe when people want them as pets. But ya Karen and Brad show people that animals can be dangerous!

Love the chicken water feature!
I really need to set something up for my Princesses.
We used a couple Orbit Cobra Misters that cost $13 each in 2019 (about $35 each today) but the fine holes clogged in the nozzles from our harsh Calif mineral water and the couplers at the hose connection would come loose from the back pressure and flooded the yard.

519H0bpVFCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

In 2020 in frustration I bought a cheap $8 sprinkler sprayer (about $15 today) and turned it on to just dribble and the same sprinkler is still working in the shade of a popup canopy 4 years later! We've replaced the hose but the sprinkler is still working great!
DSCN8074.JPG

DSCN8080.JPG

DSCN8075.JPG

Maybe splint it?
Not really practical, and I think it would aggravate her more if it was bound. She has been really good with resting it, but I guess with the shenanigans going on between the Roos everyone is out of sorts, and squabbling.

If she is still sore tonight I will keep her in the summer house with Mr P and the Silkies.

Right now I lift her down from the roosting ledge in the morning. Don’t want her jumping down.

We used a couple Orbit Cobra Misters that cost $13 each in 2019 (about $35 each today) but the fine holes clogged in the nozzles from our harsh Calif mineral water and the couplers at the hose connection would come loose from the back pressure and flooded the yard.

519H0bpVFCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

In 2020 in frustration I bought a cheap $8 sprinkler sprayer (about $15 today) and turned it on to just dribble and the same sprinkler is still working in the shade of a popup canopy 4 years later! We've replaced the hose but the sprinkler is still working great!
View attachment 3895542
View attachment 3895546
View attachment 3895548

And best of all I think I have a sprinkler head like that in my 'hose bits' bucket.

Not really practical, and I think it would aggravate her more if it was bound. She has been really good with resting it, but I guess with the shenanigans going on between the Roos everyone is out of sorts, and squabbling.

If she is still sore tonight I will keep her in the summer house with Mr P and the Silkies.

Right now I lift her down from the roosting ledge in the morning. Don’t want her jumping down.
Excellent to keep her confined! I was thinking the jumping will refracture the area. You are so good w/your animals :love

Back
Top Bottom