Leave it long. Great for creep crawlies and fun for chickens to run around in.
I mowed ‘paths’ through it, left long areas around the trees, but made sure I could walk the fence to check for missing chooks.

This is likely how Fluffy got missed last night, I likely didn’t see her in the long grass and weeds.

Hi! This is my first story so sorry if I do something wrong...

Yesterday I went out to my hens to bring them some treats, when I saw a Cicada, I knew my chickens would love that way more then the corn I brought so I put it down, grabed a broom and had a ten minute war with it! (It would not die!) After I finally won, I picked it up (Ew! I know!) Got my chickens in there run, and threw the Cicada, wich started the first ever Cicada ball tournament. My hen Peaches (picture bellow) took it and ran like a chicken without a head around in circles. Peaches than swalloed the Cicada hole and my other hen Snooze grabed the wing and almost pulled it out. So, I guess I need to find more Cicadas for them. Haha!

Peaches:
1000002168.jpg

Snooze:
1000001275.jpg

Wildfire broke out near town.

https://inciweb.wildfire.gov/incident-information/mtbdf-blacktail-canyon

This is the sort of wood we're hauling out for the wood pile.

TaxView attachment 3896430
Oh no! Be careful 😢

Do you have an evacuation plan for your flock? I had one but I need to update it now. I am sure I can fit them all into the tack room in the front of my trailer. And Roos and babies in the truck.

If Truly won’t get on the trailer I either ride her out or set her loose to fend for herself.

I really should haul the trailer up here and load her on a few times.

Tippy says not to worry, she will show Truly how to escape!
5F3DAC77-2134-4613-82A1-BE946E33C6F5.jpeg

She really is a cute wee chickie ♥️ if I could be assured of getting a pullet I would love to have another Sophia chick like her.

I mowed ‘paths’ through it, left long areas around the trees, but made sure I could walk the fence to check for missing chooks.

This is likely how Fluffy got missed last night, I likely didn’t see her in the long grass and weeds.

Nice. I do little paths too. Though with me being away all this time I imagine they have reverted to jungle.

Oh no! Be careful 😢

Do you have an evacuation plan for your flock? I had one but I need to update it now. I am sure I can fit them all into the tack room in the front of my trailer. And Roos and babies in the truck.

If Truly won’t get on the trailer I either ride her out or set her loose to fend for herself.

I really should haul the trailer up here and load her on a few times.

Tippy says not to worry, she will show Truly how to escape!
View attachment 3896464

She really is a cute wee chickie ♥️ if I could be assured of getting a pullet I would love to have another Sophia chick like her.
Is Truely your horse? If you need tips to load her, I got some! Hope you all stay safe! 🙏

Tax:
1000001616.jpg

Yesterday I went out to my hens to bring them some treats, when I saw a Cicada, I knew my chickens would love that way more then the corn I brought so I put it down, grabed a broom and had a ten minute war with it! (It would not die!) After I finally won, I picked it up (Ew! I know!) Got my chickens in there run, and threw the Cicada, wich started the first ever Cicada ball tournament. My hen Peaches (picture bellow) took it and ran like a chicken without a head around in circles. Peaches than swalloed the Cicada hole and my other hen Snooze grabed the wing and almost pulled it out. So, I guess I need to find more Cicadas for them. Haha!

Peaches:View attachment 3896457

Snooze: View attachment 3896463
Hahaha that’s awesome, I love their little soccer matches with bugs and such 😊

You have some beautiful hens!

Peaches:View attachment 3896457

Snooze: View attachment 3896463
Oh FYI if you have a kitty, today is Caturday we all post photos of our moggies (cats) for everyone to see

Missy - I know it’s a repeat photo…
967A9468-DA31-410B-9901-B4E57112D8E4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom