Love the fluffy feet on that fluffy butt đŸ„°

Had a lovely golden retriever who was just the best dog. But it’s so time consuming having a dog and these days the cost of Veterinarian care is too prohibitive.

The cat alone is a small fortune in vet hills.

And we shall not discuss my hen Petunia who cost me a small fortune also. But we have our pets so we must be prepared to spend money on vet care .
So Agreed! I can't imagine dog or cat (or horse) vet bills, vaccinations, licenses, feed, housing. When we compared med costs our chickens were somewhat cheaper since we can do most treatments ourselves now.

Sydney’s tail is cocked to the right.
View attachment 3902038
DSCN3838.JPG

DSCN3777.JPG

Someone suggested a misaligned or injured spine causes the crookedness but my guess is a problem in the shell before hatch cuz this seems more common than I thought. The breeder who shipped our Buff Leghorns to us said the crooked tail was not a problem. Of course I beg to differ if I were to enter her in a bird show she would be instantly eliminated :(

Smoke is really bad, last few days could hardly tell if the sky was blue or grey. Thankfully it rained and cleared it up a little.
It really sucks that Jasper is burning. But it is weird.. if you look in the footage of the fires, it is only the houses burning not the bushes and trees. I thought that was really weird. 😱😱
Asphalt shingles 😱 highly flammable. I really wish they would mandate steel roofs, and either brick or metal siding on all buildings.

Tax

Henny Penny
829F2364-B006-48EB-AE93-0B889B833C61.jpeg

Another day of drama. I have an employee who is great at his job but argues against me for no particular reason. Maybe he feels privileged? I didn’t hire him because he had privilege, but for his talent on the job. Hard to imagine someone who acts like a child and still wants to work in an adult environment. :thI’m at a loss for what to do with him. I could easily just terminate his employment, but I’d rather find a way to change his mind set and keep him working for me. :idunno
I would start with, “you did a great job today, my only concern is your wanting to constantly argue with me”, then follow it up with “please just stick to doing a fabulous job like today, I do not want any arguments “.

If they still act up, run them off, and hire someone else.

HR tax

Marty with her accessories in her hair

429A3DDD-0229-4534-B3FD-6FFE8451EB28.jpeg

Smoke is really bad, last few days could hardly tell if the sky was blue or grey. Thankfully it rained and cleared it up a little.
It really sucks that Jasper is burning. But it is weird.. if you look in the footage of the fires, it is only the houses burning not the bushes and trees. I thought that was really weird. 😱😱
Really glad to hear you’re doing ok out there. It’s been a crazy summer everywhere this year.

Back
Top Bottom