This weather isn't to bright today and we've had a little bit of rain. Nevertheless princess is content keeping her beady eyes on the world around her View attachment 3947929
Glad she is enjoying herself. Hopefully your weather holds so she can get lots of outside time.

So everyone knows once I name a chicken after I am sure of their gender I do not like to change them. Today I made a exception to that rule.

Me and mom are out working on the yard this morning. I have had the chicks out while we are out there. We we take our breaks on the building steps they swarm us. I had yet to tell mom that "Julio" was a boy. Little twerp flared his hackles and did a rooster dance around Dottie in front of mom. The side eye I got along with "I thought that one was a hen". No, it's a boy, and meet Julio. He then runs and hops in my lap and proceeds to fall asleep. Again, side eye...."He's staying isn't he". Whatever gave you that idea as he snuggled in for a nap. We mow another quarter of the yard and take a break again. This time Julio hops in her lap and just stares at her. Mom starts petting him and he snuggles in. "Well, Julio is not his name, it does not fit." Ok, Whatever. Then the silkies gather around. She asks if any of them have names. I told her some do and I pointed out Reba, Martina and Patsy. At the name Patsy mom perked up, "Patsy, you named a chicken Patsy Cline!". Well, no not exactly but I let her roll with it. She then proceeded to name the rest along with renaming Julio. Julio is George Jones. If I have a Patsy Cline I HAVE to have a George Jones. We also now have a Lorie Morgan, Pam Tillis and which ever silkie is a boy will be "Keith Whitley". They are her classic country chicks. I now get no say in changing them as I started it with Patsy, Reba and Martina. I'm shutting up and letting her have her way seeing as how she was loving on "George" and did not bat a eye at the thought of 2 new roosters.

Patsy is NOT Patsy Cline though, she is named after @BY Bob hen Patsy.

So everyone knows once I name a chicken after I am sure of their gender I do not like to change them. Today I made a exception to that rule.

Me and mom are out working on the yard this morning. I have had the chicks out while we are out there. We we take our breaks on the building steps they swarm us. I had yet to tell mom that "Julio" was a boy. Little twerp flared his hackles and did a rooster dance around Dottie in front of mom. The side eye I got along with "I thought that one was a hen". No, it's a boy, and meet Julio. He then runs and hops in my lap and proceeds to fall asleep. Again, side eye...."He's staying isn't he". Whatever gave you that idea as he snuggled in for a nap. We mow another quarter of the yard and take a break again. This time Julio hops in her lap and just stares at her. Mom starts petting him and he snuggles in. "Well, Julio is not his name, it does not fit." Ok, Whatever. Then the silkies gather around. She asks if any of them have names. I told her some do and I pointed out Reba, Martina and Patsy. At the name Patsy mom perked up, "Patsy, you named a chicken Patsy Cline!". Well, no not exactly but I let her roll with it. She then proceeded to name the rest along with renaming Julio. Julio is George Jones. If I have a Patsy Cline I HAVE to have a George Jones. We also now have a Lorie Morgan, Pam Tillis and which ever silkie is a boy will be "Keith Whitley". They are her classic country chicks. I now get no say in changing them as I started it with Patsy, Reba and Martina. I'm shutting up and letting her have her way seeing as how she was loving on "George" and did not bat a eye at the thought of 2 new roosters.

Patsy is NOT Patsy Cline though, she is named after @BY Bob hen Patsy.
Did you tell her if George is a girl it’s Georgie girl? Oh and that I have a Georgie Girl? 😉

Hey there Georgie Girl….

C42DC884-B8DE-4109-B730-1E992C95E332.jpeg

I am having a devil of a time telling her and Marty apart, but Georgie has more brown in her feathers.

Back
Top Bottom