Footless chicken!!! Beebe's story!

Semper

In the Brooder
May 4, 2015

This is Beebe! shes about 8 months old and lost her feet this winter as the big hens were mean to her and her siblings. (rocky our rooster lost his toes but has little toe nubbens and is also doing good and at a normal size and gets around great (her brother)) she was hiding under the feeder so we took he in the house and made up a tote container she lived in the house from January/February to May/June. she had a little box in with her plus food and water and was checked on many many times a day!!! she was feed blue berries, greens, chocolate, pretzels, and many other treats!! she had a mirror but looked lonely.. so my mom went to TSC and got her six little friends! i was afraid she would hurt them but she loves them so much!! she would hide them under her wings and keep them safe and warm and we put them in the stock tank that we took from the horses( they have like 7 so it wanst needed and it was the one they were raised in!) she raised them up and when we redid the coop we put a brooder box in that could be double story or two different ones (we used for her and the babies and two injured ones that passed:/) so now thats their home at night and they roam during the day and always stay near her! she calls and they come running! she gets around great hoping/skipping along on her nubs, she is pretty small half the size of the rest but still does great!!

That's an amazing story. I'm so glad for her. She's lucky to have you guys as owners.
smile.png

Oh thank you! She has the best personality! We were worries she couldn't walk right and have to have special treatment. She used her wings and we had to keep everything close to her. But she barely uses her wings now and runs to us! And she's amazing win babies! Even though she was pretty much a baby herself! Being a four months old! The only special treatment she get is with the smallest chicks is being in the brooder at night away from everyone else otherwise she's out with everyone during the day! And maybe the extra treats she gets as she had' blue berry bed time' when she was in the house!

Back
Top Bottom