Four week old Easter Eggers - What gender? (Updated Pics 8 Weeks Old)

Thank you everyone! we will take a few more pics next week and try to get a better angle of the combs.

As longs as we have have 3 girls we will be happy!

This morning Chip stood up real tall and as far as i can tell tried to crow! Sounded pretty sickly but i think thats what he was trying to do!

okay i have ameracaunas the same age!! and i was just wondering to any of the more experienced are pullets generally lighter colored and cockerells more dark colored???
(i could post pics as well if needed....)

If you heard a sound that might be a crow...it takes them time and practice to really get it down. Laughed through my tears when my silkie started crowing. It was such a pathetic attempt. Darn him, he got better and I had to give him to my mom as she lives out of town.

This morning Chip stood up real tall and as far as i can tell tried to crow! Sounded pretty sickly but i think thats what he was trying to do!
they do sound sickly at first lol i knew chip was a cockerel and now waiting for gandolf (sp?) those are the only 2 that i say are cockerels ;-)

dont go looking to hard at them lol
wink.png
i know when i do i get paranoid that i got something that i wasnt looking for haha
hide.gif
since i am looking for certain traits on chicks for a certain breed (d'uccle)

Back
Top Bottom