fuzzi's Chicken Journal

You don't have to ask, you are very welcome here!
:wee
I'm still catching up. Not a lot of point in posting until I've got the full picture of what's gone before.:D
It's an interesting thread for me because it's well documented on a type of chicken keeping I haven't done from scratch although my current circumstances are not so dissimilar.

I'm still catching up. Not a lot of point in posting until I've got the full picture of what's gone before.:D
It's an interesting thread for me because it's well documented on a type of chicken keeping I haven't done from scratch although my current circumstances are not so dissimilar.
Appreciate you reading it all...I also read your thread from the beginning.

If you can't tell by now, I will confess: I'm very detail oriented. I get frustrated over directions/instructions that leave out steps...so with my own journal I wanted to show step by step the process, including mistakes.

Thanks for all the likes, I got a trophy!

Nifty idea! That will be much easier to move than cinderblocks and will probably need minimal cleaning, if at all. $0 fixes for the win!
Needs like this is one reason I keep odds and ends of "stuff". I do try to have my "stuff" somewhat neat and organized, and hidden behind my shed. :D

Worked a little in the coop this morning.

Added fresh straw and fake eggs to the nesting boxes.

Joel was intrigued:
View attachment 3544191
So were the girls:
View attachment 3544195

Rahab:
View attachment 3544193

Martha:
View attachment 3544194
View attachment 3544196

Hannah disappeared for some time. I located her in the back. It looked like she was practicing, settling herself into a nest. She didn't appear to be dust bathing:
View attachment 3544197

I also raised the shelter I'd built for the Dominiques, as they're getting bigger but still occasionally need a place of refuge.
View attachment 3544198

They're still skittish around me. Now that the Sussex aren't constantly chasing the littles they're coming out more and integrating. I figure when they see the Sussex sitting next to me or on my lap they might realize I'm not a dragon to be feared.

Last picture, and I love it. I caught Samuel in mid-crow, but the pullet's body language is priceless!
View attachment 3544204
:gig
Love this picture.:D

Last picture, and I love it. I caught Samuel in mid-crow, but the pullet's body language is priceless!
IMG_20230616_104830265.jpg
I know this picture was posted in June, but for some reason it reminded me of the Christmas carol:

Ding dong! merrily on high
In heav’n the bells are ringing:
Ding dong! verily the sky
Is riv’n with Angel singing.

Gloria,
Hosanna in excelsis!

However, that pullet does not appear impressed with the merry tunes issuing from atop the cinderblock 🤣

I know this picture was posted in June, but for some reason it reminded me of the Christmas carol:

Ding dong! merrily on high
In heav’n the bells are ringing:
Ding dong! verily the sky
Is riv’n with Angel singing.

Gloria,
Hosanna in excelsis!

However, that pullet does not appear impressed with the merry tunes issuing from atop the cinderblock 🤣
I think that was Rahab reacting. She and Martha are now the elder gals, 20 months old, and don't suffer foolish cockerels. Zack has finally gotten them to accept him as the Roo, but there's been a lot of tidbitting going on. ;)

Hannah just "needs a MAN"! :gig

The Dominiques accepted Zack first, but they are 6 weeks younger than the Sussex and were always lower in the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom