Goose Eggs - Photos - pg 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant stand up to the pizza box. But everything else it in my IMHO The best way to pack eggs.
The straw absorbes the moisture..and also acts as a natural cover and packing for the eggs.
The eggs were collected 2 times a day for 2 days. during this period there was a bad storm in our area. thursday and friday last week..and sat. look on the I-net.

I bet these eggs are going to hatch without a problem! I seen my father hatch geese many of times. They are DIRTY! MUDDY! NASTY! WET! We usually found them around the pond. I'm not here to argue. Just saying what I know from past experiences.
smile.png

Quote:
Here is a photo of our roundbale hay. It was put up in the usual manner and stored outdoors, unsheltered! This was taken from a roundbale that was feed to the heifers on Sunday so it's been banged around and with animals. I just grabbed a random batch did not search for anything special!

100_0457.jpg

Sorry, Miss Prissy, but I could not let that bad hay go!

Last edited:
The first 4 days seems to be the most critical.

They have been in the bator for 4 days now.

I scrubbed the eggs with a scotch brite pad to get the stuff off of them. They were disinfected with a very mild solution of bleach and water as per the clorox pdf for disinfecting poultry eggs.

The eggs have been turned by hand 3 times day.

Temps are holding properly in the 1588 with a humidity of 57%.

I did not mist them the first 4 days.

Today is day 5.

The turner was delivered before 9 am this morning and the eggs went into the turner. Opening the bator and moving the eggs to the turner is being counted as the 15 min per day cooling off period. They were lightly misted with a "reptile misting bottle" from petsmart.

Next update - Thursday night when I candle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom