Got more chicks and Coop!!! (PICTURES)

MRNpoultry

Songster
11 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Gibsonville, NC
Me and my dad wen to farmers feed and seed today! When we came in the door they had laying hens for sale, roosters, and chicks.

I got three more chicks, 2 buff brahmas and 1 Rhode Island red. Now I have 11 chickens.

Then my dad said we are going to make the coop bigger!

I'll post pictures as soon as I take some.

All of them -

IMGP1893.jpg

Buff Brahma -

IMGP1895.jpg

IMGP1896.jpg

Buff Brahma -

IMGP1897.jpg

IMGP1898.jpg

Rhode Island Red -

IMGP1899.jpg

IMGP1900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
NOW you sound like DH. he went to feed store a few months back and came home with 5 , went back next day and came home with 25 more chicks , 2 weeks old .........

THEN , he came home with 6 full grown layers .

FUNNY PART was , we had NO COOP , NO RUN BACK THEM ..............

HE GOT REALLY BUSY building cages .

NOW we are 1/2 way finished with our coop and run . COOP is 8 x12 and RUN is 12x20 .THANK GOD we can enlarge is this is NOT big enough ... LOL

D.gif
jumpy.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
yippiechickie.gif
lau.gif
and knowing DH if this is big enough , IT SURE Won't be for very long .......
roll.png

Last edited:
Great looking chicks and nice pics. Good luck in your breeding, I always say, what you put into your pets is what you will get out of them...well, like eggs!
lol.png

Cajunliz, who said "went to the feed store bought"...I typed a note to a pal who just had almost what I wanted...so I'm raising 7 blue cochin bantams...keeping 3, only 3, no more then 3 , that is it.
lol.png
I'm serious too!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
My RIR's didn't have any white in them what so ever. Now I'm wondering if my babies are RIR's afterall. How positive are you that the one chick is a RIR? Curious because of what I paid for them.

Back
Top Bottom