Granny's gone and done it again

Working on a chicken with individual feathers again. Like this one that got broken.
20220211_024616.jpg

Pro, can you ask your dh about my brakes? I took it in today and they said if the brakes were grinding then it needs rotors and possibly calipers. They told me IF it needs calipers it HAS to be done or the rotors and pads wont go back on. Sounds like total bull to me. They also want almost $400 for pads and rotors and if calipers it would be $800. all together.
Oof, that's either an insane shop rate or they're going for the premium parts here. Hubs is still asleep, BUT I can say without looking it's hard to say 100 percent for sure. If the calipers are shot yeah...however. Depending on the damage/how far gone they are, you could do pads and just have the rotors turned (again, depending on the condition of the rotors). For 800 bucks would they be doing all four wheels???
Granny, those brake prices sound high but I've been out of the game so long, I can't honestly say.
They do sound high. I'd check around for second opinions.

Morning everyone. I need a coffee mug with this inscription on it this morning.
1668871243937.png

I made the mistake of carrying two 20 pound jugs of water out to the coop last night. Knew better. Neck has been bothering me and I think I have a pinched nerve that has been raising merry H-E-double toothpicks with my left arm. Sure enough, up most of the night with pain in my left arm/shoulder and neck and just for fun the right arm decided it would join the party. Feels like I have a tooth ache in my arm and neck.

Anyhoo, Granny I'm glad you are able to tolerate the cholesterol meds. My body just wouldn't tolerate them. Doctors tried different ones and all gave me really unpleasant side effects. I finally begged my doctor to give me a chance to drop some weight and modify my diet more and see if that would bring my numbers down to a more acceptable level and he agreed. I've lost 27 pounds so far but the better news is I dropped my numbers to an acceptable range. Total cholesterol 190. I would like to lose about 5 more pounds but discovered how much I was really over eating. Now the challenge is to keep my weight stable over the winter months which thanks to the diverticular disease and chronic gastritis isn't hard to do. My body is in charge of what I eat and it is unforgiving if I do not listen to it.

After three nights of lows in the teens the temp is finally starting to edge up into more acceptable numbers for this time of the year. Poor chickens haven't been out for two days. Tomorrow looks promising. I'm sure they will be thrilled to get out as the temps are supposed to get up in the upper 30s.

Oof, that's either an insane shop rate or they're going for the premium parts here. Hubs is still asleep, BUT I can say without looking it's hard to say 100 percent for sure. If the calipers are shot yeah...however. Depending on the damage/how far gone they are, you could do pads and just have the rotors turned (again, depending on the condition of the rotors). For 800 bucks would they be doing all four wheels???

They do sound high. I'd check around for second opinions.
nope, rear brakes.

Back
Top Bottom