Granny's gone and done it again

Granny I hope you saw this and understand she is drawing on Scott's not hers. You never need to have worked an hour to draw on a spouse's SSI.
This is true Granny. I drew on Scott's and I barely had any coming to me because I didn't work enough. This lady I talked to started asking me about my husband. She told me I could draw on Scott's. I was skeptical at first..didn't want to take away from his. She says..noo..you wouldn't be doing that. You just get to have some added to yours. Mine was practically nill..a 100 a month was all. Well that added was over 900 dollars! Now that he is gone..it's even more! A lot more. It doesn't hurt to call and ask questions. Now on Toms. Larry is right. I just posted about those Comercials. Have him go into an advantage plan. I started on AARP. Changed last year to Aetna. He would have coverage on dentist, hearing, and eyes. So much more. If he needs a ride to a dr..they'll find one for him. At least I know that's covered on mine. I'm not needing that. They'll send a person/nurse in to check on him. I'm not ready for that yet. There's so much that is added. The OTC is wonderful. I just call a number that's in the book you'll get and order. Or you can do it online or ho to a store they suggest. I don't want to go shop..so I call. Call them. Two different things. Yes it takes time to set things up for the Advantage plan but it's easy. They just ask the questions. It's so worth it. On the SS can you imagine getting hundreds more a month? Call the number Larry sent. :)

Granny you are on a roll tonight.
GIF by Peter Rabbit Movie

yes, after he passes. If he goes first
Nope. I'm getting half of what my DH gets, in addition to my own SS. Makes a huge difference. This is SS, not SSI but I imagine it's whatever benefit he's getting, you could get half. It won't affect what he's getting. My brother didn't believe it either but it's true.

You and Iris too, Larry. She should be getting half of whatever you're getting in addition to her own. And if she's not and starts getting it, it will be retro back to whenever she should have started getting it, say at age 65. It could be HUGE! @Cynthia12, tell them what it's called. I'm forever grateful that you put me wise to this!

Nope. I'm getting half of what my DH gets, in addition to my own SS. Makes a huge difference. This is SS, not SSI but I imagine it's whatever benefit he's getting, you could get half. It won't affect what he's getting. My brother didn't believe it either but it's true.
are you on SSI? based on income?

Back
Top Bottom