Granny's gone and done it again

Is this half of what he gets now plus yours now?
Yes. He gets his full amount. I get my full amount, which is not much, PLUS I get half of his amount. And when I started getting his half, I got a big fat check for half his monthly amount times the number of months I should have been getting it and hadn't been. It was a Big! Fat! Check!

My wife's SSI is almost as much as mine. That may make a difference? Got to talk to the person that can clarify it at the SSI office near us.
In my brother's case, his wife gets the big check. So, assuming he actually believed me snd looked into this, he'd be the one getting half of hers in addition to his own. Larry, I don't think it matters. Half of yours will still boost her income considerably, will it not? It doesn't matter how much she gets.

Blue I had a photo studio customer in FL years ago who is a Samaritan. Her Jewish relatives gathered at her place for their BLT sandwiches. She told me one day she invited them back for supper. She was having beef stroganoff. The ladies said no we can't cheat again on the same day.
How is eating beef "cheating" for a Samaritan? Beef is kosher ... oh I see. Stroganoff is a dish that includes both beef and dairy.

In my brother's case, his wife gets the big check. So, assuming he actually believed me snd looked into this, he'd be the one getting half of hers in addition to his own. Larry, I don't think it matters. Half of yours will still boost her income considerably, will it not? It doesn't matter how much she gets.

How is eating beef "cheating" for a Samaritan? Beef is kosher ... oh I see. Stroganoff is a dish that includes both beef and dairy.
Though shalt not boil the kid in its mother's milk.

I suspect one or other of the spouses must not be meeting a minimum monthly amount in order to qualify for the half of the spouses. Going to find out.

Back
Top Bottom