Granny's gone and done it again

Was the smoke colored grey or blue?

My concern with your mystery symptoms would include the possibility of a gasket failure, allowing coolant to enter the engine. That can be very smoky with only a little bit of moisture loss. It would be good to have an oil change and coolant flush to look for any signs of either fluid being contaminated.
It was dark but as I recall, I would say light grey to whitish.

We live 30 miles from the car shop and it ran fine. We live another 40 miles from church and again, no problems. It's running great. 🤷‍♀️ It only took about a quart of water to get it so I could drive it to the shop to get worked on from Plaza Tire where we first had it towed to. Surprised me, I thought the radiator was bone dry!

Flashing lights and bells urgently dinging on the dash and a message that said it was overheating and to pull over. An alert then said to let the car idle to cool the engine so we did that. Several minutes later all the alarms stopped so we thought we could limp it to the nearest station only 4 miles away. But after driving about 15 feet it started alarming again even more urgently and this time smoke started billowing out from under the hood. And IMO it was smoke, not steam so we shut 'er down. And called AAA.
And then nothing could be found, weird.

They sure don’t like to give anyone pain pills anymore.
It's ridiculous really. People who really need them have to jump through hoops to get them. Every time the pharmacy refills my pain meds I get a stack of pamphlets about dependency on pain pills and here is what you can try instead of taking prescription pain meds. Like. If hot or cold compresses worked do you really think I'd be taking prescription pain meds? I complained to my doc about it and he understood my disgust at them. He said it's not like I'm popping them like candy or selling them out of my basement, I'm a senior who needs pain relief so I can live a quality life.

Still I have to go in once a year, pee in a jar and sign a pain medicine agreement so I can get meds for another year.

They don't hassle elderly and not so elderly patients in nursing homes for taking pain meds a lot stronger than the ones I am taking but everyone else gets treated like criminals thanks to those who do abuse the system.

When we have floods in the Farmers Market, I get so tired cleaning up. Mud gets into cracks you didn't know exist and if you get tired cleaning and do a sloppy job cleaning up from cutting corners, then comes the mold. I feel like I'm getting out of this flood zone for good.
I CANNOT imagine the feelings of these people who got damage from Helene, and some of them won't get home insurance coverage

Back
Top Bottom