Great Pyrenees thread

By telling somebody who owns a pet pyr, that nobody should own a pet pyr, you are denying that they are a good owner :idunno
Um no, those are two disconnected things. She can be a good owner of a dog, my point is that pyrs have been bred for centuries to be livestock guardians. Her dog is happy as a pet, sure, and I’m happy for that. I don’t agree with pyrs being indoor pets but that doesn’t mean willow isn’t happy and that certainly doesn’t mean that she’s not a good owner

Um no, those are two disconnected things. She can be a good owner of a dog, my point is that pyrs have been bred for centuries to be livestock guardians. Her dog is happy as a pet, sure, and I’m happy for that. I don’t agree with pyrs being indoor pets but that doesn’t mean willow isn’t happy
But you did say pyrs are meant to be LGDs and basically said they are unhappy as pets, insinuating that I an giving my dog an unhappy life.

But you did say pyrs are meant to be LGDs and basically said they are unhappy as pets, insinuating that I a giving my dog an unhappy life.
That’s because they ARE meant to be LGD’s, that is a fact. Your girl has a happy life as a pet apparently and there’s no changing that🤷‍♀️ we aren’t going to agree, different opinions and evidently different research was done.

I definitely wasn’t🤣and nobody knows everything, everyone in this world will ALWAYS need educating
Why else come onto a thread with a pet dog and say it shouldn’t be a pet then? Unless you’re looking for an argument. And true but let me rephrase that, nobody HERE needed educating, on that particular subject. We all know what an LGD is and their purpose. We’re not stupid. But they CAN be happy as pets. The humans become their “flock.”

GP aren’t the only old breed living as pets. Salukis have been around thousands of years too and Malamutes a while too, Border Collies over 100. Does that mean Salukis are only happy living in the desert hunting? Malamutes are only happy in the arctic pulling sleds? Border Collies are only happy in a field herding sheep? You sound ridiculous. Purposes change. Not to mention there’s different lines of dogs too. Show lines are probably happier as pets than a pure working line would be.

Why else come onto a thread with a pet dog and say it shouldn’t be a pet then? Unless you’re looking for an argument. And true but let me rephrase that, nobody HERE needed educating, on that particular subject. We all know what an LGD is and their purpose. We’re not stupid. But they CAN be happy as pets. The humans become their “flock.”
I actually didn’t know, I tapped the thread and replied to it THEN went back and read it😂 as soon as I did I knew that it would ruffle some feathers and yep, it sure did. I still stand on my facts.

Back
Top Bottom