I am still trying to work out the best way to groom Fanta šŸ˜… I currently hand strip her but I don't know if I am doing it right :oops: since she is a mix and so is Twiggy its hard to tell!

I want to try a conditioner on her coat but trying to find one without aloe vera is turning out to be difficult, many don't even tell you the ingredients!

I don't have much with interesting grooming stuff to talk about since I have lost all of my high grooming maintenance animals šŸ™.I miss having a small fluffy dog around but I do plan to get angora rabbits again at some point, hopefully soon!
I also have no high maintenance grooming animals but we can still follow along LOL also I forgot to include rabbits šŸ¤£šŸ˜­

Here are some pictures from the internet of things I found useful for cutting nails

If there is a ring of grey with black in the middle you are close to the quick
IMG_7119.jpeg

IMG_7121.jpeg

If there is a big dent in the underside of the nail there is no quick, you can feel where there isn't enough space for the quick in the nail (not 100% sure on this one, it has worked so far!)
IMG_7120.jpeg

I really hate nail trimming!

Here are some pictures from the internet of things I found useful for cutting nails

If there is a ring of grey with black in the middle you are close to the quick
View attachment 3865916
View attachment 3865917

If there is a big dent in the underside of the nail there is no quick, you can feel where there isn't enough space for the quick in the nail (not 100% sure on this one, it has worked so far!)
View attachment 3865918
I really hate nail trimming!
The top one is pretty much true
The bottom one isnt

This is the nail clipper set I'm using right now. The cheap ones work just fine. https://www.amazon.com/Bretheil-Clippers-Over-Cutting-Stainless-Professional/dp/B0879DQHPL/

I use an artists lightbox to help see the quicks through the nails. It doesn't work with black nails, but I plan to only get dogs with white feet in the future. šŸ˜
I was going to recommend doing them a horse, where yo are looking at the underside, like pictured above, and generally you can see where the nail changes. Otherwise it's just a guess. I keep kwikstop on hand.

I was going to recommend doing them a horse, where yo are looking at the underside, like pictured above, and generally you can see where the nail changes. Otherwise it's just a guess. I keep kwikstop on hand.
I do look at the tips like the first pic @SpotTheCat posted. I like to keep my dogs' nails very short (because of noise) so I still hit the quick sometimes. Dorie's quicks never seem to recede.

I do look at the tips like the first pic @SpotTheCat posted. I like to keep my dogs' nails very short (because of noise) so I still hit the quick sometimes. Dorie's quicks never seem to recede.
I never can get the quick to recede either by just trimming. The dogs wearing the nails down themselves seems to work the best. My boxer used to have super short nails, but now she older and they are slowly getting longer in the quick.

Back
Top Bottom