Pics
My younger golden, Charlie is reactive. Very sweet and non-agressive, but sooo afraid. I've never had him professionally groomed. It would be too traumatic for him. So, I do the best I can with him, at home. It's difficult, because he has more coat than any golden I've ever had. I have a vacuum/trim tool that works pretty well, that he tolerates. Some areas I hand trim. He never looks great, but he looks OK. And since we keep his social circle to those whom he knows - "OK" works, just fine.
My old golden, Elliott used to go to the groomer. But, as he is a fieldy, and has a very easy coat - I just trim him at home, now that I have Charlie to do.

My younger golden, Charlie is reactive. Very sweet and non-agressive, but sooo afraid. I've never had him professionally groomed. It would be too traumatic for him. So, I do the best I can with him, at home. It's difficult, because he has more coat than any golden I've ever had. I have a vacuum/trim tool that works pretty well, that he tolerates. Some areas I hand trim. He never looks great, but he looks OK. And since we keep his social circle to those whom he knows - "OK" works, just fine.
My old golden, Elliott used to go to the groomer. But, as he is a fieldy, and has a very easy coat - I just trim him at home, now that I have Charlie to do.
Awww that’s understandable!!!

I understand that
Tucker is reactive towards dogs, and some people. He surprisingly liked the vet last week. I could never leave him at the the groomer
Field goldens coats are much easier than conformation/pet goldens

Brew loves other dogs but I feel like at the groomer he would be trying to play or crying to get out of the cage or leap off the table and be a huge PITA lol
Willow loves everyone lol she'd be crying and barking in a crate and she be wiggling around and fall off the table because she'd want to play lol plus she can be a moody one if she thinks she's had enough grooming

Willow loves everyone lol she'd be crying and barking in a crate and she be wiggling around and fall off the table because she'd want to play lol plus she can be a moody one if she thinks she's had enough grooming
Brew too lol he’s not really mood though but he’d try to run away when he’s done lol

Back
Top Bottom