Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Attachments

• B1D8B5CC-3C18-472D-A4BF-190368B850C5.jpeg
    B1D8B5CC-3C18-472D-A4BF-190368B850C5.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 62F24681-921B-4E61-9EEE-799E7F81E51A.jpeg
    62F24681-921B-4E61-9EEE-799E7F81E51A.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 2
  • 17B9C9E5-7843-4D77-8454-23747FB17D60.jpeg
    17B9C9E5-7843-4D77-8454-23747FB17D60.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 85F5BBAB-1F46-45D4-B1EE-F14056181DBB.jpeg
    85F5BBAB-1F46-45D4-B1EE-F14056181DBB.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 230658B8-4E26-4CD9-B62E-9113DD926840.jpeg
    230658B8-4E26-4CD9-B62E-9113DD926840.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 1
Nice! I could tell the muzzle brake and stock were aftermarket, couldn't pick out the big tube on the scope. Do you hand load for it?
Yep. Had load development done fir it. Hornady brass, hornady 154 gr interbond, cNt remember which primers or powder we used tho.

the scope has the CDS turret. It was sent off to leupold with all load development info, and the turret was custom built only for my load. So nice to dope at 100, zero lock it. And anything past there turn dial , center of cross hair & touch trigger. Ive rolled stuff at just over 450 yds. But you gota have your shit together tho and know exact yardage. Nit much room for error.

Attachments

• 3F347187-2A5F-4659-AEE3-CACD5A285029.jpeg
    3F347187-2A5F-4659-AEE3-CACD5A285029.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 3
I'm a lefty as well šŸ‘, love the fluted bolt too.
Fluted bolts do look awesome I don't have any but they do.
I'm a righty but my dad a lefty so my first rifle to use hunting was a left handed Remington 788 in .308 used it for many years best rifle I've ever used still have it and it's still dad's but hopefully I can find another barrel for it just recently did on ebay, I'd like to rebarrel it before I give it back. Chamber is stretched still shoots accurately but very hard to extract a fired round why I quit using it. Fired round neck will fit over a unfired round. My dad bought it brand new in '68 .

I'd like to find another rem 788 in .308 right hand for me also. Only saw one once at a auction and it went way more than it was worth (more than I had in my pocket)
I still use a .308, Mossberg Whitetail Lightning, basically a Mossberg 100 ATR the first yr they had the adjustable (lightning trigger) with a decent wood stock and a cheap 3x9-40 scope, $300... just kinda bugs me it was only $300 I always have the thought what's wrong with it?...
Think I've had it about twelve yrs and no probs, shoots accurately, scope while not top of the line still accurate/functional, I've never adjusted the trigger, feels light and crisp just like that old 788. I have no complaints just really liked the 788 better feels more solid tight no slop in the bolt but every rifle I've handled now has sloppy feeling bolts compared to that 788.

I'm a righty but my dad a lefty so my first rifle to use hunting was a left handed Remington 788 in .308 used it for many years best rifle I've ever used still have it and it's still dad's but hopefully I can find another barrel for it just recently did on ebay, I'd like to rebarrel it before I give it back. Chamber is stretched still shoots accurately but very hard to extract a fired round why I quit using it. Fired round neck will fit over a unfired round. My dad bought it brand new in '68 .

ragged hole barrels. bughole gunsmith, look them up .

Yep. Had load development done fir it. Hornady brass, hornady 154 gr interbond, cNt remember which primers or powder we used tho.

the scope has the CDS turret. It was sent off to leupold with all load development info, and the turret was custom built only for my load. So nice to dope at 100, zero lock it. And anything past there turn dial , center of cross hair & touch trigger. Ive rolled stuff at just over 450 yds. But you gota have your shit together tho and know exact yardage. Nit much room for error.
Very nice! I've seen those turrets in articles, takes some room for error out when things get sweaty! 450 is a respectable poke, no question, and definitely without knowing your distance the rest is all a waste. I like to use the Strelok app on my phone to figure out maximum point blank range, then test it on paper. The less I have to mess with the better!

We were the opposite, I'm left, my dad was right. I've shot right-handed guns as a lefty my entire life, I've never owned a left handed gun. šŸ¤£

Wow, is the whole case stretching, or is just the neck interfering with extraction? You'd think the neck wouldn't matter so much since everything behind it is bigger, but it's amazing with a couple thou of interference can do! If the rifling and throat are still good, maybe you could get it rechambered to 300wsm?

We were the opposite, I'm left, my dad was right. I've shot right-handed guns as a lefty my entire life, I've never owned a left handed gun. šŸ¤£

Wow, is the whole case stretching, or is just the neck interfering with extraction? You'd think the neck wouldn't matter so much since everything behind it is bigger, but it's amazing with a couple thou of interference can do! If the rifling and throat are still good, maybe you could get it rechambered to 300wsm?
No joke many yrs ago guy my dad worked with took him to a gun auction.
Yeah and even back then prob 25yrs ago they were going for way more than worth.
Guy bought two older model 06's, don't remember the model but not 700.
Left handed he is right but like me grew up using his dad's lefty and was used to it so that was what he preferred/wanted.
Not me , first chance I had to buy a right handed bolt I did !! :lau

And just the neck, case fine. Rifling perfect from what I see still and actually thought of a rechamber, was thinking a .338 Federal would be possible.
Definit decided against that though rather rebarrel and keep it .308 give it back to him in the same as he bought it.

Back
Top Bottom