Hatch Thread! (Celadons, Banded Blacks, Silver/Andalusians)

So update - the little baby is still very spoiled. I actually think it might be a runt because it’s noticeably smaller than the others.

These photos were taken a couple days ago which was the last time I let it cuddle by itself before I have now let it stay in the brooder. It stopped crying and seems to be doing much better, I think it just needed some TLC fresh out the hatch 🤣🫶

All other chicks are doing great. The eggs currently cooking in the incubator are nearing lockdown, which will be Wednesday night. I’ll candle them and let everyone know how many are left so we will see what happens!

Attachments

• IMG_6282.jpeg
    IMG_6282.jpeg
    560.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6283.jpeg
    IMG_6283.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 3
Lockdown has been set as of yesterday and today we have wigglers! I’m thinking pips tomorrow night? Perhaps hatching day 17 if I’m lucky!

The spoiled baby is definitely smaller than the rest. I took a pic where another chick was next to it for reference. It’s still growing, but it’s slower than the others. I hope it’s okay in the long run, it’s super sweet and has the most docile temperament out of all.

Attachments

• IMG_6377.jpeg
    IMG_6377.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6379.jpeg
    IMG_6379.jpeg
    961.1 KB · Views: 2
The babies are hatched! I’m exhausted so not many pics today. Had to do 3 hatch assists (upside down) and one of them hatched but had its head stuck in the egg 🤦 another one had the membrane stuck to its eye like a pirate LOL. Then I processed a male (first time! Went well. Def never plucking again tho lol). Veryyyy busy.

I’ll post the rest of the boogers tomorrow if I’m up for it.

Attachments

• IMG_6439.jpeg
    IMG_6439.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6469.jpeg
    IMG_6469.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom