Having TSC order chicks for you?!

That's really cool! This gives me confidence that I am allowed to order from them.
Some Tractor Supply stores (or other stores) will special order chicks for you. Some will not. The only people that know if they will special order for you are the people that work at that specific store. If they will order for you (some will not) they are going to have specific rules and requirements. The only way you will know what your options are is to talk to the people that actually work there.

This is my opinion only here but I would go this route rather than hatchery.
Your looking at only 2 hours round trip compared to shipping days thru postal service.
Your also more apt to get the breeds your wanting compared to someone else handing you the wrong breed that looks close in color that feed stores are notorious for.
And your more likely to get better quality and potentially healthier birds especially if the breeder is working towards an SOP standard for their breeding program.

Again my opinion only, I'm not bashing hatcheries here, as I said I've ordered from Meyers and had a great experience..I'm just pointing out a backyard breeder has a smaller flock and has the potential to care more for the health and well being of their stock with much more one on one care to their flock.

Good luck which ever way you decide.
thanks so much for the info @wrathsfarm!

Some Tractor Supply stores (or other stores) will special order chicks for you. Some will not. The only people that know if they will special order for you are the people that work at that specific store. If they will order for you (some will not) they are going to have specific rules and requirements. The only way you will know what your options are is to talk to the people that actually work there.
super cool I'll look into it! I'll probably ask next year when chick days starts.

super cool I'll look into it! I'll probably ask next year when chick days starts.
I'd ask around now actually. That way if the answer is no you can still get your order in early elsewhere. Now is the best time to order chicks for spring as if you wait until around spring, they might be sold out of the breeds you want

I'd ask around now actually. That way if the answer is no you can still get your order in early elsewhere. Now is the best time to order chicks for spring as if you wait until around spring, they might be sold out of the breeds you want
Oh, I've never had chicks in the winter, mainly cuz by the time they have to go outside in their coop it's way too cold and probably snowing! Also in my greenhouse where we keep them, it gets super cold at night in the winter.

Oh, I've never had chicks in the winter, mainly cuz by the time they have to go outside in their coop it's way too cold and probably snowing! Also in my greenhouse where we keep them, it gets super cold at night in the winter.
I don't mean order them so they'll arrive now, I mean order them now so they'll arrive in spring. People order chicks months in advanced to ensure they get the breeds they want. You'll be able to pick a hatch date so they'll arrive when you're ready

I think they meant that now is the time you place your order for chicks to be shipped next spring. You have to order way in advance.

I order from Ideal.
https://www.idealpoultry.com/shoponline

You can waitlist in advance too.
1729386112606.png

Back
Top Bottom