Help! Crack at wrong end without pip

Just took one. Got humidty at 79% amd temp has stayed at 100 ....still not sure it'll be able to get out on it's own later but will keep a close eye and help it along when it's absorbed everything if I need to....whew! Thank God and you for your help!

Attachments

• 20240427_164537.jpg
    20240427_164537.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 9
You could make the egg shell cap with a safety hole in it to go over the air cell end to help protect the yolk. Then pop it off to check how it’s doing.

Had several pip and start trying to zip a little throughout the day yesterday. One just finished hatching and my little "breech" baby is still hanging in there. Membrane is staying moist and it's still moving in there. I'm waiting a little longer to try to give him a chance to come out on his own but if he doesn't pretty soon I'll probably have to finish helping him along I think.

Had several pip and start trying to zip a little throughout the day yesterday. One just finished hatching and my little "breech" baby is still hanging in there. Membrane is staying moist and it's still moving in there. I'm waiting a little longer to try to give him a chance to come out on his own but if he doesn't pretty soon I'll probably have to finish helping him along I think.
Can you still see unabsorbed yolk? You have to wait for that all to be absorbed before it’s ready to hatch. How about veins, do you still see active red veins?
You probably will have to help him finish hatching when he’s ready, I agree.

Yes, I've kept watch and he's still not ready. Can still see veins so it's gonna be a while it looks like. Starting to think he wasn't trying to pip at all when he cracked the pointy end, maybe just cracked from him being crammed in the little area or something. Have 3 that hatched so far.....fingers crossed he and the others come out healthy.

He's chirping and has moved himself further down in the right direction but seems to be struggling. Blood vessels have gotten a lot smaller...should I try to help him now or give him some more time? He can obviously breath so I'm thinking he's ok to leave but not 100%

Attachments

• 20240428_182520.jpg
    20240428_182520.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 2
Yay! Veins definitely look like they are clearing up and getting ready for hatching! How’s the yolk, can you still see it?
I think I would wait until those veins basically disappear. I think it’s safe to wait since it can breathe. But I’m not 100% sure .. that’s just what I would do. Hatching is nerve wracking. One thing you could do is enlarge the safety hole down by its beak a tiny bit.

Can't see any yolk so I think it's been absorbed. I think I'll wait, just wanted to hear someone else say that's what they would do as well....I really appreciate all your help

Can't see any yolk so I think it's been absorbed. I think I'll wait, just wanted to hear someone else say that's what they would do as well....I really appreciate all your help
That’s really good you can’t see the yolk. Watch those veins closely. It might be ready to hatch within the next few hours! Then you can start removing more shell and if you come across more active veins, just stop and try again in an hour or so

I’m happy to help!

Back
Top Bottom