Help! Her eye has weird hard pus

Raysal

Songster
Sep 2, 2020
Dallas TX
My little bantam hen had her 2 eyes swollen right one is more swollen the other one was not to bad and i i been putting terramycin and neosporin one side looks great but her right eye does not want to heal what do i do
20210818_195201.jpg

20210818_195140.jpg

20210818_195127.jpg

That could be coryza a respiratory disease which smells bad, and causes sinus infection. Does she smell? Does she have any other symptoms, such as cough, sneeze, nasal drainage, or rattly breathing? Getting something stuck in the eye, a peck that has gotten infected can cause an abscess as well, but usually in just one eye. Pus in the eye must be removed if you can get it cleaned out, and flush the eye before putting the eye ointment in twice or 3 times daily. Have you had her on any oral antibiotics, such as Tylosin or sulfadimethoxine? Here is a video of how to try to remove pus from an eye:

That could be coryza a respiratory disease which smells bad, and causes sinus infection. Does she smell? Does she have any other symptoms, such as cough, sneeze, nasal drainage, or rattly breathing? Getting something stuck in the eye, a peck that has gotten infected can cause an abscess as well, but usually in just one eye. Pus in the eye must be removed if you can get it cleaned out, and flush the eye before putting the eye ointment in twice or 3 times daily. Have you had her on any oral antibiotics, such as Tylosin or sulfadimethoxine? Here is a video of how to try to remove pus from an eye:

Thank you my app doesn't send me notifications and I have it on I just saw it Thankyou! I tried removing the pus but it's like a cheese substance it breaks in pieces it don't come out in big chunks but I will try this

Some have used Qtips and manicure tools or tweezers to remove solid pus, but please have someone holding the chicken still, wrapped in a towel before poking around with tools. Flushing the eye with saline, and repeating pus removal each day may be helpful.

Some have used Qtips and manicure tools or tweezers to remove solid pus, but please have someone holding the chicken still, wrapped in a towel before poking around with tools. Flushing the eye with saline, and repeating pus removal each day may be helpful.
I removed all the pus little by little it was a lot. But now she has skin hanging in her eye of how much it was stretched

Back
Top Bottom