Help, my chick is suddenly very sick!

She’s going down hill I’m afraid. She’s having a hard time even standing. Can’t really get her to swallow much now either. I gave her the corid straight but wondering if maybe it’s something else.

My chicken looked similar but that was a fungal and I used canesten/clotrimazole
I’m actually wondering if maybe it is fungal. How did you end up administering the anti fungal? I honestly don’t think she will make it through the night though. She can’t really stand at this point .

She made it through the night but no improvement. She’s just laying there silently gaping. If anyone else knows what else it could be please let me know. I feel so bad for her. I really didn’t think she would make it through the night. I did hear some of the other chicks sneezing occasionally. Maybe it is respiratory. They are in the house in a well ventilated brooder but do get taken outside to free roam supervised once daily. Any additional insight would be great!

This is her today after I dropped fed her. She can stand a little bit but not well. She’s rocked back for stability. She is very thin and still silently gasping.

Back
Top Bottom