Help w/Identifying what breed this chick is?

FluffyChic

Songster
10 Years
Jan 2, 2010
Monroe, NC
Ok, so typical newbie I am...but I bought some chicks from a lady off of CL that said she had Ameraucanas, which I figured would probably be EE, and she said she had GLWyandottes too-which is mainly why I went. However, didn't ask the question of what was bread to what before I got there...and well saw they all free ranged w/ a lot of different breeds-but she "said" that most times she saw EE mate w/EE and GLW mate w/GLW...Not so sure as I've gotten them home and really looked at them. I'm not sad as they are all adorable and great colored chicks...just would like an idea on what you think I got, one in particular. Plus, hoping that at least out of all of these I can get some colored eggs!!

I also do have some pure, Jersey Giants-4 blue and 1 splash, that I bought from another man that are in some of the pics. I'm totally excited to have more fuzzy butts and I guess it is more of a surprise not knowing...Here are some pics:

This is the only one w/ 5 toes on both feet AND feathered legs and kind of a slate looking beak:

021.jpg

019.jpg

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

I agree that one looks like a faverolle cross and you definately have some EE green leggs in the group shot! congratulations on lots of cute new chicks!!!!

I don't see a GLW in the bunch at first glance but maybe it will be easier to tell in a week. I have had SLW and I've seen GLW chicks. Cute bunch of chicks though! Congrats!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom