Help!

ChickLover2007

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2022
I have three baby chickens they were just hatched yesterday and abandoned by their mom, two of them are fine but one seems more tired than he was this morning. He has yellow liquid coming out of his but and doesn’t move much anymore, I heard it takes a few days to get them to eat but one doesn’t want to move. I’m keeping his butt clean and snuggled up with the others but I’m scared he’s going to die. Is this normal? The others aren’t tired and don’t have yellow stuff coming out, is he going to die? Is there anyway that I can save him? He’s only been out of his egg since yesterday, we have food water and a heat lamp but I’m concerned. Please help!

Pictures? Is the yellow liquid coming out of his vent or naval?
I’m not actually sure but here’s some pictures, I’m really sorry this is my first

Attachments

• 1F30B057-45A0-46E4-B050-F732DF25E0D6.jpeg
    1F30B057-45A0-46E4-B050-F732DF25E0D6.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 3
  • E1468C2F-B2FA-43DF-BEE1-7594926DFA22.jpeg
    E1468C2F-B2FA-43DF-BEE1-7594926DFA22.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 4
That is his naval, where he absorbed the yolk. I believe he is just acting like a new hatchling and did not quite absorb the yolk completely before hatching. He should be fine. Unless it is infected. @Wyorp Rock @azygous

But you say it is coming in globs. I would give him some sugar water, gatorade, or Nutri Drench and put Triple Antibiotic with no pain killer on the area for now.
The only thing I can really give him is sugar water, I wasn’t planning on raising chicks but their mom abandoned them and I didn’t want them to die. I’m going to give him sugar water and go from there, he was drinking some water before this.

Back
Top Bottom