Help!!!

CamilleH

Hatching
Apr 28, 2024
I need some advice! I'm on day 22 of my incubation with chick eggs. I can see that the chicks have internally pipped but nothing on the outside and I had 1 hatch on the morning of day 21 with no problems but the last 6 are not popping externally.. I candled this morning just to see if there was any movement and there is but not a lot. Should I let them be or should I try to help?? I don't want to lose them as I already lost 1 yesterday. This is only my second batch so I'm so nervous. My temp is at 100° and 65% humidity

Hmmm. You should help them, and maybe find another source for eggs next year. Are they piping in the pointy side or big side of the eggs?

Are your thermometer and hydrometer calibrated? That can play a big role in if the chicks hatch on time. I would not help if the chicks haven’t internally pipped. They know when it’s time. If you’re worried about the ones that have internally pipped, you could make a safety hole to ensure they get enough oxygen.

Are your thermometer and hydrometer calibrated? That can play a big role in if the chicks hatch on time. I would not help if the chicks haven’t internally pipped. They know when it’s time. If you’re worried about the ones that have internally pipped, you could make a safety hole to ensure they get enough oxygen.
This thread explains how to do it if you don’t know how. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

I would make safety hole in egg which pipe internally, if dane correctly it should be ok, but only if you see big reduction in movement. Also do you have extra thermometer/hydrometer inside of incubator, even best incubator lies some time. This would provide second reading to check accuracy of you incubator.

Another one just pipped externally but the membrane is white.... Is my humidity off?? Both readings of my humidity are saying 65%... Should I do something or is it ok?? I can see the beak of the chick but it's not moving a lot... Maybe I'm just over thinking this...LoL... New chick momma who just wants her baby's to be okay! 😊

Another one just pipped externally but the membrane is white.... Is my humidity off?? Both readings of my humidity are saying 65%... Should I do something or is it ok?? I can see the beak of the chick but it's not moving a lot... Maybe I'm just over thinking this...LoL... New chick momma who just wants her baby's to be okay! 😊
:welcome Let them hatch.

Back
Top Bottom