Being a Cornish cross, she's designed to rapidly put on weight, her organs will fail before she's a few months old without a restricted diet, even then a year or so will be about as long as she'll live. I'm sorry.
Chickens are not indoor pets, they need to be outside, with other chickens, for their mental and physical health. Having them inside can also give you serious health issues. (Respiratory and brain issues)
So you really need to to consider another species for a pet.
I don't think chickens would work for you, based on how this one is being cared for, not feeding her chick feed, keeping her in a bucket. That's very likely what's causing her issues.
She *will* eat chick feed if she doesn't have another option, what you're feeding her isn't healthy at all.
She needs, at least a big box as a brooder, not a big bucket she can't breathe in there.
I'm sorry this is happening to you but you really need to rehome this little one and get a different pet, with her breed, she is designed to have a short life.
Good luck find an animal that will fit you best. :]

I think a crate brooder or just a brooder with more space and airflow is a good idea. The chick needs some other chicks to thrive properly; they are social animals.

Do you have access to a Tractor Supply or another feed store where you live?
I Don't have access to tractor supply but yes there are about 3 Bird shops here there are no poultry though.
Poultry farms shops are miles away.
Bird shops usually have supplies for chicks but they Don't seem to have chick grit. There are bird grit. If that works?

Also i did put her in a bigger brooder but she hated it kept chirping and jumping trying to get out of that

Pidgeon grit will be too big, but you could use rough sand.

Does your chick get some hours of daily outside time? It needs sunshine and dustbathing and getting aquaited with the outside world.
Yes she does she recently started dust bathing (before she just used to sit or stand on soil/sand). And yes she also gets daily outside time in the sun.( but It's so dangerous with all that cats and dogs so i stay with her)
And thanks🤍 I'll give her Rough sand.

Where did you get her? Is it possible for you to get another chick to keep her company?
Yes i can but the Problem is she is VERY BIG i mean she is cornish cross she she is very large for a one month old and she Doesn't even need heating bag anymore.
Now if i get another one that is gonna be another cornish cross which will me less than twice her size.
My chicks always fight for no reason.
So I'm fear keeping them together she will definitely attack the little one who will need much much care instead. (these sellers sell few weeks old cornish babies)
Also i think i will have to keep them in different places cause little one will need heat but big one Doesn't.

Should i still get her another one?

Yes i can but the Problem is she is VERY BIG i mean she is cornish cross she she is very large for a one month old and she Doesn't even need heating bag anymore.
Now if i get another one that is gonna be another cornish cross which will me less than twice her size.
My chicks always fight for no reason.
So I'm fear keeping them together she will definitely attack the little one who will need much much care instead. (these sellers sell few weeks old cornish babies)
Also i think i will have to keep them in different places cause little one will need heat but big one Doesn't.

Should i still get her another one?
I'm not sure. @nuthatched ?

Back
Top Bottom