~~Here be spooders!!!!~~ ( and other critters!!)

Pics
Tigrosa-helluo-JREEK.gif
Can I get this thread going again with this gif of a beautiful big female Tigrosa helluo grooming herself? :D

She had a burrow right outside of the garage. Thought about keeping her but I figured at her size she was probably nearing the end of her life. But helluo is a species I definitely want to keep someday!

edit since the gif doesnt seem to want to work: here's the link to it :)

Tigrosa-helluo-JREEK.gif
Can I get this thread going again with this gif of a beautiful big female Tigrosa helluo grooming herself? :D

She had a burrow right outside of the garage. Thought about keeping her but I figured at her size she was probably nearing the end of her life. But helluo is a species I definitely want to keep someday!

edit since the gif doesnt seem to want to work: here's the link to it :)
Nice. This is a wolfie, right?

I am not that much of a bug lover, too busy, but my kids (grandkids, actually) have always been under strict orders to leave wolfies alone and not harm them in the house, as they help control the dangerous spiders, black widows and brown recluse. I am at the moment recovering from what appears to be (and ER dr confirmed was) a BR spider bite.

I am not that much of a bug lover, too busy, but my kids (grandkids, actually) have always been under strict orders to leave wolfies alone and not harm them in the house, as they help control the dangerous spiders, black widows and brown recluse. I am at the moment recovering from what appears to be (and ER dr confirmed was) a BR spider bite.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Did you see whatever bit you? Most bites claimed to be by BR aren't actually BR bites. Either way, hope you feel better soon!

(here's a really cool article about the brown recluse spider. It's one of my favorite species because of how misunderstood it is)

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Thank you, it's coming along. They no longer carve big chunks out of you, thank goodness, meds do the job. But after three weeks the bites are still visible and there is still a small red area around them about as big as a quarter. At one point my whole leg from knee to ankle was inflamed and brick red. The bite is just behind my knee and about two inches below it.

Did you see whatever bit you? Most bites claimed to be by BR aren't actually BR bites. Either way, hope you feel better soon!
Thank you! No, I did not see it nor did I feel anything at the time. It must have been in my boot. The first I knew anything had happened was when I saw what actually looked like a snake bite, two black spots of necrotic tissue within a space about half an inch wide, with a widening red area around it, and yellowish liquid seeping from it. Spider bite! I thought, and off to Urgent Care I went. During that week I went to Urgent Care again and finally to the ER, where that dr confirmed BR spider bite from pictures I had taken daily from the beginning. And no, I'm not sharing those pics here, they are pretty graphic.

(here's a really cool article about the brown recluse spider. It's one of my favorite species because of how misunderstood it is)
It may be misunderstood but it is also to be respected.

We get a ton of spiders in September/October for some reason. I’m not a big spider person, but I’ve seen some really interesting ones so far. Today a saw a little orange and black spider with a leaf-shaped/colored marking on its back! I wish I’d had my phone so I could take a picture.

Edit: I looked it up and I believe this is a triangle orb weaver

Back
Top Bottom