Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Yum, ribeye. If my husband would eat it, I would cook it every week.
If I could afford to cook it every night, my husband would eat it every night
smile.png
. that's why one of our goals is to be able to raise our own beef.

Tonight we're going to a friend's house for a birthday party, so no cooking for me! I'm bringing a salad, pretty easy to put together.

If I could afford to cook it every night, my husband would eat it every night
smile.png
. that's why one of our goals is to be able to raise our own beef.

Tonight we're going to a friend's house for a birthday party, so no cooking for me! I'm bringing a salad, pretty easy to put together.
If beef were harvestable, I'd raise them. Like go cut out the rib roast, and sew him back up, and do it again later in a month or so.

Ohh, like GMO starfish DNA to a beef? Like how starfish can re-grow legs? Or lizards can re-grow tails? Man Joe, you might be on to something.

Ha ha, if you used starfish DNA you could call it surf and turf, all from the same animal
gig.gif

Yesterday my husband and I decided to go to Costco in a town that's about 30 minutes from us. Our Costco is too crowded on a weekend. So afterward we discovered that a Hungarian restaurant that had been in that small town had moved downtown and the building was just so cute so we decided to get a late lunch/early dinner. In hindsight, what a bad choice. First of all, I really don't care much for Hungarian, German, Austrian style food. The menu was small and everything that was on it was too heavy, so we opted to share two appetizers ... a farmer's cheese and veggie platter, and their pate that came with crackers, and pickled veggies. Hoo boy. The pickled veggies consisted of sweet pickles (which I despise) and canned whole baby corn. The farmer's platter consisted of two tiny pieces of cheese, a few slices of 'homemade' sausage (ha), and four slices of tomato and a tiny bit of German mustard (which was the best thing on the plate). Everything was bland and it looked like everything other than the tomatoes came out of a package or a jar. There was more bread and crackers than six people could have eaten, but they were stale. One good note .. hubby liked his beer and I liked my glass of wine. On top of all that the service was friendly, but absolutely horrible. And this is a restaurant that has been in business for 30 years or so. Totally bust. Never going back.

We came home and made a big shrimp salad.

Lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom