Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Kids have been at grandparents all weekend. So we kicked back and relaxed a bit.

Friday we ate out at an Italian restaurant. I had chicken vesuvio and DW had veal and eggplant parmesan. We shared fried calimari as an starter.

Neighbor had a BBQ yesterday. They made some delicious burgers. DW and I both drank quite a bit. Oops!

Today, I'm not sure what we will have. Hanging over a bit... managed to get some canning done, ate out for breakfast, stopped at the farmers market this morning but didn't get much (package of cookies and a jar of onion jam just), and just had a nap right in the middle of the day. Night just eat some leftovers tonight.
I’m jealous about the chicken Vesuvio! America’s Test kitchen did that and it looked so good I tried it and I messed up big time! They said it was only made in certain parts of Illinois . Lucky you!

I’m jealous about the chicken Vesuvio! America’s Test kitchen did that and it looked so good I tried it and I messed up big time! They said it was only made in certain parts of Illinois . Lucky you!
Interesting. I didn't realize it was a local dish. It's always been on Italian menus I've ordered from in and around Chicago. There's a significant Italian population in Chicago, so perhaps that's why.

Back
Top Bottom